Rosie93095 Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 4:45pm
post #91 of 129

THAT

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 4:46pm
post #92 of 129

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeliciousDesserts 

Quote:  Oh rubbish!  Your magic has no power here.  Now be off before someone drops a house on you!

/snicker   

Agree DD

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 4:47pm
post #93 of 129

How about we get back on track? This was a good post to follow.....

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 5:44pm
post #94 of 129

A

Original message sent by JWinslow

I believe the "status" has everything to do with how many times somebody posts and has nothing to do with cake knowledge.  :)

So very true!!

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 5:46pm
post #95 of 129

AThis is what CC has come to? What a shame. Guess I'm not missing much.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 6:12pm
post #96 of 129

A

Original message sent by vgcea

This is what CC has come to? What a shame. Guess I'm not missing much.

The problem here is just a single soon to be banned troll, not really representative of the CC community.

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 6:22pm
post #97 of 129

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBalaska 

There is a lot of beneficial knowledge that comes from the questions, comments, criticisms, and discussions on these forum threads.  It's like watching a rose bloom sometimes.  Little by little the petals start to unfold, and open up to a full blown flower revealing so much information.

The tiniest little bits of knowledge that is so routine to you and mostly disregarded after repetition, is often a great leap of understanding for me.   A reader only has to look at your creations to see that the proof is in the pudding.

This is how I feel about watching the work of sixinarow. 

I have learned a great deal from the experienced members here and am very grateful that some are still around to offer solid advice.  It does not matter to me that some are considered tough, harsh or even sarcastic because in between those words is the most valuable knowledge.  It's a matter of choosing to pull out the important message. 

paperlace1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paperlace1 Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 6:32pm
post #98 of 129

ABanned when the moderator finally decides to take a look mean while you can all carry on making assumption and being judgemental . So if the cap fits feel free to demonstrate how tolerant, kind and friendly you really are. Because I had just about had all I can stomach. You don't know me! Thankfully I don't know you either. So pay it forward and show how nasty you can really be. After all I am just a stranger on a forum and it really does not mater how you treat me or anyone else. It is all just words judgements and assumptions. So let's have a free for all

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 6:45pm
post #99 of 129

A

Original message sent by paperlace1

Ever since i have joined the forum i have been trying to get my head around how to become an accepted member.

Umm... I think you missed the mark.

paperlace1 Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 6:50pm
post #100 of 129

A

Original message sent by as you wish

Umm... I think you missed the mark.

Yes I did:-( and now I can't tell the difference between friend or foe!

vgcea Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 7:01pm
post #101 of 129

A

Original message sent by jason_kraft

The problem here is just a single soon to be banned troll, not really representative of the CC community.

I don't think banning is the way to go though. Is CC always going to ban every person who refuses to drink the Kool Aid and become a compliant sheep? If OP is willing to start over, I'm sure as a group we can all agree that there can be redemption here and give us and OP another shot at this. Newbies come here with expectations that we very properly strip them of and set them straight CC style. Some handle it well and others go the route of OP, either way we can be gracious or we can resort to our old ways.

Now y'all know things have gotten extreme when I, a unicorn crusher, venture to be the voice of reason.

paperlace1 Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 7:05pm
post #102 of 129

A

I don't think banning is the way to go though. Is CC always going to ban every person who refuses to drink the Kool Aid and become a compliant sheep? If OP is willing to start over, I'm sure as a group we can all agree that there can be redemption here and give us and OP another shot at this. Newbies come here with expectations that we very properly strip them of and set them straight CC style. Some handle it well and others go the route of OP, either way we can be gracious or we can resort to our old ways.

Now y'all know things have gotten extreme when I, a unicorn crusher, venture to be the voice of reason.

Omg a voice of reason in the madness. Do I see a nice person on the horizon:smile:

JWinslow Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 7:08pm
post #103 of 129

Quote:

Originally Posted by paperlace1 

Yes I did:-( and now I can't tell the difference between friend or foe!

You have attacked multiple members, moderators, the Cake Central site, an entire country (by name), derailed multiple threads and you are wondering why you can't tell friend from foe?  Time to look at yourself and stop blaming others.

vgcea Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 7:09pm
post #104 of 129

A

Original message sent by paperlace1

Omg a voice of reason in the madness. Do I see a nice person on the horizon:smile:

Don't get comfy Noob, ain't nothing nice about me. I'd still rip you to shreds if necessary... and blast your rainbows to pieces. Hehehe. But for now I'm in puppy mode and you are a newbie pup that needs to be snatched from the pack. :-D On a serious note, the folks here are a crazy bunch but good people. Never forget that.

jason_kraft Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 7:09pm
post #105 of 129

A

I don't think banning is the way to go though. Is CC always going to ban every person who refuses to drink the Kool Aid and become a compliant sheep? If OP is willing to start over, I'm sure as a group we can all agree that there can be redemption here and give us and OP another shot at this.

There's nothing wrong with having a differing opinion as long as it is expressed respectfully. I agree that if paperlace apologizes for her previous posts there is a good chance for redemption, but based on her posting history I don't see that happening.

If someone is repeatedly disrespectful to others in a community and shows no signs of reforming their behavior, they shouldn't be a part of that community.

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 7:10pm
post #106 of 129

APleeeeeeeease. Shall I start throwing out stereotypes about Barnsley? Blimey.

kazita Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 7:12pm
post #107 of 129

A[quote name="JWinslow" url="/t/766846/how-much-knowledge-is-enough/90#post_7475765"] This is how I feel about watching the work of sixinarow. 

I have learned a great deal from the experienced members here and am very grateful that some are still around to offer solid advice.  It does not matter to me that some are considered tough, harsh or even sarcastic because in between those words is the most valuable knowledge.  It's a matter of choosing to pull out the important message.  [/quote

I dont understand why there is harshness or sarcastic remarks needed..its a cake website...we should be able to use it as an escape

paperlace1 Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 7:15pm
post #108 of 129

A

Original message sent by kikiandkyle

Pleeeeeeeease. Shall I start throwing out stereotypes about Barnsley? Blimey.

You would be way off the make because I am a Londoner born and bred . More than that I am from the east end.

kazita Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 7:19pm
post #109 of 129

ALol@vgcea

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 7:21pm
post #110 of 129

AFirst rule of being a troll - keep your story straight.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 7:23pm
post #111 of 129

why am i reading this and trying to make sense out of it--

answer -- idk

bowbells Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bowbells Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 7:24pm
post #112 of 129

A[quote name="jason_kraft" url="/t/766846/how-much-knowledge-is-enough/90#post_7475782"] There's nothing wrong with having a differing opinion as long as it is expressed respectfully. I agree that if paperlace apologizes for her previous posts there is a good chance for redemption, but based on her posting history I don't see that happening.

If someone is repeatedly disrespectful to others in a community and shows no signs of reforming their behavior, they shouldn

jason_kraft Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 7:25pm
post #113 of 129

A

Original message sent by bowbells

Oh so this name caller thinks I am disrespectful! You earn respect and two wrongs do not make a right!

Sorry, who are you?

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 7:27pm
post #114 of 129

AOooooh I'm from the east end too!!

JWinslow Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 7:27pm
post #115 of 129

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazita 

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWinslow 

This is how I feel about watching the work of sixinarow. 

I have learned a great deal from the experienced members here and am very grateful that some are still around to offer solid advice.  It does not matter to me that some are considered tough, harsh or even sarcastic because in between those words is the most valuable knowledge.  It's a matter of choosing to pull out the important message. 
[/quote

I dont understand why there is harshness or sarcastic remarks needed..its a cake website...we should be able to use it as an escape

For me, I had teachers in high school that were way more harsh and sarcastic than what I've experienced here.  It taught me to pull the important info out and ignore the rest.  Let's face it, some of it has been quite entertaining - :lol:

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 7:29pm
post #116 of 129

A

For me, I had teachers in high school that were way more harsh and sarcastic than what I've experienced here.........

Yeah - Mrs. Hilgers tenth grade English class.....

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 7:30pm
post #117 of 129

AJeanne that's the way to go, absorb the important stuff and learn from it- ignore the rest.

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 7:35pm
post #118 of 129

A

Original message sent by jason_kraft

Sorry, who are you?

Same person; different account, I believe. Seems like it might have been an accident! Lol!

JWinslow Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 7:39pm
post #119 of 129

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godot 

Yeah - Mrs. Hilgers tenth grade English class.....

Mrs. Collins - 11th grade.  Scared the &^*!$ out of me but learned the most from her.

kazita Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 7:39pm
post #120 of 129

A

For me, I had teachers in high school that were way more harsh and sarcastic than what I've experienced here.  It taught me to pull the important info out and ignore the rest.  Let's face it, some of it has been quite entertaining - :lol:

Lolo I do oh so enjoy this site

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%