Help With Standing Figures

Decorating By joejenn06 Updated 5 Jan 2014 , 3:33pm by joejenn06

joejenn06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joejenn06 Posted 3 Jan 2014 , 2:23pm
post #1 of 5

Im still new to cake decorating and i want to start making my figures stand and not set our lay on the cake or the sides, but when i try to make my figures stand up on top they end up falling down, What do you all use to keep your figures standing up with out falling down? Is there a good torture out there that might help me? Thanks for all the help :)

4 replies
Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 3 Jan 2014 , 2:30pm
post #2 of 5

Depending on the figure, I use a long skewer and insert it into the figure when I build it and then make sure the skewer is long enough to go deep into the cake as far as needed (depending on the weight of the figure). I stick the skewer into a Styrofoam dummie until I make the cake.

Lea17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lea17 Posted 5 Jan 2014 , 12:47am
post #3 of 5

Glad I'm not the only one that has this problem!  All my figures have had to be sitting because they kept falling lol ..... I'm going to try the skewers next time and see if that works!

kyliecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyliecake Posted 5 Jan 2014 , 9:18am
post #4 of 5

another hint is to make the bottom part of the figure a couple of days before to harden before doing the top ie grooms legs, then add his torso later.

joejenn06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joejenn06 Posted 5 Jan 2014 , 3:33pm
post #5 of 5

I done the skewers but i guess some of my figures are top heavy because they start to move sideways :(

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%