9 Days To Make A Wedding Cake!! Help!

Decorating By CassiCakes Updated 13 Jan 2014 , 6:08pm by remnant3333

CassiCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CassiCakes Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 4:32am
post #31 of 40

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3166676/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

HERE IT IS!! Thank you so much to everyone who helped me out! I know it isn't perfect, but for my first wedding cake, I will take it. And the bride, groom, and her mother all loved it very much!

I had a rough week too. One day we had a power outage for 12 hours. The next day I got locked out of my home for half the day, and the day after that my niece and nephew came over for some emergency sitting, so cake was out the question. I also cracked a cake in half and ran out of my filling on the largest tier and had to make more.

Time constraints and crazy circumstances made this the cake from hell for sure. But I am proud of what I got done.

Thank you again to everyone for you kind words, criticism, sources, and knowledge. I can't wait to make another one!!! With more time and skill of course. :)

Roseyrod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Roseyrod Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 10:18am
post #32 of 40

Hey you did good!  So now you did your first one and may be asked again so my advise is google Sugared Productions with Sharon Zambito.  She offers online classes and they are great!!!  You learn square, round, oddshape, airbrush, you name it, it's there.  I have learned so much from her!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 1:19pm
post #33 of 40

i'm so thrilled for you--it's beautiful--and what a week--yoiks--you basically lost days with the power outage and getting locked out and the sitting--then a cracked cake--you have so been through it--and such a triumph! super cool!

is it kerry vincent competition perfect--no--who cares--you saved the day -- and you pushed through the soaring roller coaster stress levels and kept your eyes on the goal--wow wow wow--

for some of us--ringing that client's bell is the big payoff--ding ding ding ding ding

you rocked it bigtime, cassicakes, multiplied congratulations

*:-)/\:-) high five 

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 2:22pm
post #34 of 40

AWell done! I'll bet they were thrilled.

liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 2:59pm
post #35 of 40

Very nice!

Liz

MyFairDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyFairDiva Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 3:50pm
post #36 of 40

AGet out! That looks fantastic :D! I've been keeping an eye on this thread and I'm so happy you posted your progress and pictures.

Tips are also great in this post so, I also say thank you to all the contributors, you guys are genius.

Congrats CassiCakes!

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 4:22pm
post #37 of 40

Quote:

Originally Posted by CassiCakes 

I can't wait to make another one!!! With more time and skill of course. icon_smile.gif

By these words a true caker will be known:

This went wrong, and that went wrong, and the other went wrong. . . this interfered, and that interfered, and the other interfered, . . . . but I got it done. . . .it nearly killed me, but I got it done to the absolute best of my ability. . . and. . . .I can't wait to make another one!!!

rockymtnbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockymtnbaker Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 5:38pm
post #38 of 40

That turned out beautiful! Thanks so much for coming back and updating. :) Congrats on getting it done!

trista4120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trista4120 Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 5:56pm
post #39 of 40

AWow!! It turned out so besutiful!! Great job!! Even after all you went through.. Good for you! congrats! Thank you for posting your final results.

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 6:08pm
post #40 of 40

You did an awesome job on the wedding cake. For the first wedding cake you ever did all I can say is WOW!!!! Can't wait until I see the next one that you make!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%