Hand Piped Or Impression Mat?

Decorating By leannrr Updated 8 Feb 2014 , 11:55pm by cakeyouverymuch

leannrr Posted 2 Jan 2014 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 9


How do I get this effect on the side of a cake?  If it is impression mat, which one?

8 replies
cakealicious7 Posted 2 Jan 2014 , 8:02pm
post #2 of 9

AThat looks like piping to me, also looks like a henna design/pattern.

leannrr Posted 2 Jan 2014 , 8:44pm
post #3 of 9

I agree it's piping.  I was wondering if it started with an impression.  It's so uniform!  I don't know that I could do all that free hand!  I like the idea of searching for henna impression.  I've been looking under "lace" and haven't been able to find.

cakealicious7 Posted 2 Jan 2014 , 8:52pm
post #4 of 9

AYep it's very intricate, I also do henna designs so the pattern looks familiar. You should try it, it's fun to do although tiring!!

leannrr Posted 8 Feb 2014 , 10:46pm
post #5 of 9

I am revisiting this thread.  I now do not believe this is hand piped without a pattern.  I saw several cakes on pinterest that had this exact design.  It has to come from a pattern.  Can anyone help me find the mold or stencil??  I'm not having any luck.

-K8memphis Posted 8 Feb 2014 , 11:04pm
post #6 of 9

not exact--but you (i) could get there from here:




and just fill in all the spaces in between with dots and scrolls etc.


this diagram gives the dimensions:



-K8memphis Posted 8 Feb 2014 , 11:11pm
post #7 of 9

in fact--if you go here and click open the thumbnail on the right--it gets you closer & closer



-K8memphis Posted 8 Feb 2014 , 11:14pm
post #8 of 9

when you overpipe you can pull the design any which way you want--kwim

cakeyouverymuch Posted 8 Feb 2014 , 11:55pm
post #9 of 9

Googled "henna stencils for cakes" and yielded the following:




There's got to be a link in there that will help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%