Need Help With The Finishing Touches

Decorating By jnwoods386 Updated 28 Dec 2013 , 3:36pm by Norasmom

jnwoods386 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jnwoods386 Posted 28 Dec 2013 , 1:16pm
post #1 of 3

I just finished these cakes but I feel like they need more.  The round cake is for my cousin's wedding for today and the blue one is for a bday party tonight.  I have edible diamonds to toss on the blue cake but do you all have any suggestions/tips on something simple I can do to add that "wow" factor? Thx in advance!

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Dec 2013 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 3

i would add 'something like' a couple lily of the valley sprigs of different lengths-- white on white--understated --coming out of the corner of the rose where it meets the fondant drape--corresponding with the angle of the fondant drape--even a few dots, a simple scroll--just something in there to fill that area gently--i'd do more on the bottom tier less on the top tier

the blue & white--i would pipe something random in a vine-y type pattern --scrolls or something--going across each side of each tier about a half inch from the top edge--blue piping on white--white piping on the blue--small --maybe like an inch wide band of piping--but i'd stop short of going all the way around--i'd leave the corners blank

that's how i would proceed--looking good so far--

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 28 Dec 2013 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 3

A fun topper on the blue cake would be a good finishing touch

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%