Wilton Pillow Pans

Lounge By cakealicious7 Updated 24 Dec 2013 , 6:24pm by cakealicious7

cakealicious7 Posted 24 Dec 2013 , 4:23pm
post #1 of 5

AHey everybody!! I'm just wondering if anybody has tried the Wilton pillow pans and what they think of them? I would love to try them out but just wanted to know how they worked for everybody else, would also love to see photos of anybodys pillow cakes to see how they turned out. Thanks :-)

4 replies
ddaigle Posted 24 Dec 2013 , 4:32pm
post #2 of 5

Personally...I would never buy them...for a few reasons.    I'm afraid they wouldn't bake even......I don't like the shape of the pillow and  #3...It is very easy to just  carve it.   There is a very good tutorial on CC.

Save your money.  Use your square pans that you already probably have. 

cakealicious7 Posted 24 Dec 2013 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 5

AI love that pillow shape, I did think about carving it but I guess I'm just a scaredy cat lol thank you for the tutorial, will definitely check it out. Unfortunately I've already purchased them lol

kkmcmahan Posted 24 Dec 2013 , 6:11pm
post #4 of 5

One of the first cakes I made was a pillow cake for my granddaughters 1st birthday.  It was pretty simple, I used boxed pound cake because I had not started experimenting with recipes yet.  I think it helped that it was a pound cake but I haven't used them since.  Here is the first link to a 3-part tutorial that Wilton did and I found it very helpful.  

cakealicious7 Posted 24 Dec 2013 , 6:24pm
post #5 of 5

AThat's really good!! How come you haven't used them since? Thank you for the link, I did watch the Wilton tutorials and videos on YouTube. I did a lot of research before buying but had a little doubt, so thought I would ask CC. Thanks for posting your picture

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%