Open Lid Cake

Decorating By babyblue113 Updated 22 Dec 2013 , 1:04pm by savannahquinn

babyblue113 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babyblue113 Posted 21 Dec 2013 , 12:48pm
post #1 of 7

AHi...does anyone know how I can make an open lid....like the one done on this cake? I can't figure out how they did this..... thanks! [ATTACHMENT=1414]Screenshot_2013-12-21-07-40-46-1.png (723k. png file)[/ATTACHMENT]

6 replies
savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 22 Dec 2013 , 2:29am
post #2 of 7

The inside of the lid looks like a silver cake board covered in fondant.  Is it possible that this board goes all the way down the back of the cake, and is covered in fondant too and just slightly creased so that it tilts forward?

babyblue113 Posted 22 Dec 2013 , 2:38am
post #3 of 7

AYou know I kinda thought the same thing....except the part about it being a "silver" cake board....I figured it had to be more complicated that that lol. Thanks so much for responding......looking back at it, I think you are right.

savannahquinn Posted 22 Dec 2013 , 3:21am
post #4 of 7

AOk what if the silver cake board is actually under The cake, creased to go straight up the back then slightly creased To tilt .?

babyblue113 Posted 22 Dec 2013 , 3:47am
post #5 of 7

AEven better! Thank you!!!!!!! Wish me luck....I have to replicate this cake for this coming Saturday

savannahquinn Posted 22 Dec 2013 , 12:48pm
post #6 of 7

Good luck! Also if you google open lap top cake there are a few tutorials you could look at. One is in Italian but it's a video and she uses some type of acrylic stand..looks like a picture frame that you slide a picture in...so  if you turn it backwards the base could slip under the cake and the top angles over the cake lie a cover.  not sure but you'd get the idea.

savannahquinn Posted 22 Dec 2013 , 1:04pm
post #7 of 7

Anow that I thought about it , just crease the cake board and put it under the jewelry holder part on top. If u google open laptop cake there's some pics and tutorials not in English but they're videos ;)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%