Tractor Cake

Decorating By allisonfarella Updated 21 Dec 2013 , 5:59am by Smckinney07

allisonfarella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allisonfarella Posted 20 Dec 2013 , 10:22pm
post #1 of 7

ACan anyone help me find directions to make this cake?? [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3156244/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

6 replies
howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 20 Dec 2013 , 10:28pm
post #2 of 7

That's a very broad question. There are lots of different techniques used on that cake - it's not like there are just directions somewhere unless the person who made also makes tutorials or something.

There aren't "directions" to every cake. Sometimes you have to pay your dues and learn your craft.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 21 Dec 2013 , 2:17am
post #3 of 7

AI made one similar to this. I studied the different parts of the cake, broke it down into it's specific techniques, and just did it.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 21 Dec 2013 , 2:18am
post #4 of 7

AHave you made a tiered cake before?

allisonfarella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allisonfarella Posted 21 Dec 2013 , 2:42am
post #5 of 7

AYes I've made a tiered cake before. Kinda new to the fondant aspect .. The one part I'm struggling to figure out is the hay bale cake- any suggestions?

texasporvida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texasporvida Posted 21 Dec 2013 , 3:06am
post #6 of 7

AIf you think the question isn't worth asking why reply? Just move on to the next topic. If no one replies, the OP will ask again in different way.

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 21 Dec 2013 , 5:59am
post #7 of 7

AIf you can't look at the design and have at least a general idea of how it was designed then you will (most likely) have a difficult time executing it. I know that sounds harsh, but what I mean is perhaps you should start with a more basic design.

The tiers are all fondant covered, the bottom is covered with black fondant with tire threads-I'd measure the circumference as well as the height then use Jessicakes 'wax paper transfer method' to add the additional fondant shapes.

The middle is wrapped with green fondant with yellow fondant circle's and fondant border. The sign looks like it was made in advance-since it's flat rather then curved around-I'd print a template on card stock (wrap with clear duct tape if you want to use again) then cut that out and use as a guide when cutting out the design for the Gumpaste plaque-or freehand if you can.

The top tier is supposed to look like straw, I'd use a fondant (or new for cake purposes only clay) extruder or a fett pasta cutter. Then the added fence.

I'd also make the topper in advance, the bulk of the tractor made from RKT or even foam (to make it weigh less).

Hope that helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%