My Piped Shortbread Loses It's Shape In The Oven! :(

Baking By romeolo26 Updated 21 Dec 2013 , 4:01am by romeolo26

romeolo26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
romeolo26 Posted 20 Dec 2013 , 8:40am
post #1 of 5

Hey everyone :), I'm new to the forum but have always been reading up on solutions here posted by the helpful community.

So I decided to make some shortbread cookies this "Melt-In-your-mouth Shortbread" recipe I've come across online. Anyhow, I decided I wanted it to be fancy looking and attempted to pipe the batter onto my baking tray.

I had 2 attempts, first time I placed them straight into the oven after piping them on - which resulted in the cookies completely losing it's shape and melting into a round shape. I Googled for some solutions and read that to help it keep its shape I should pop them in the fridge or freezer for a few hours.

On my 2nd attempt I piped them on and poped them in the freezer for about 2 hours - before baking them in my oven. In my mind, I'm thinkin' wouldn't the outside of the cookies overcook before the center's done? Anyway, it didn't really work - as the still lost thier shape, but I could still see a little bit of my piped pattern on the surface of the cookie (Note: Like little hills)

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? or Advice on how should I proceed to improve my results? 8O

Thanks in advance,

Romeo :D 

4 replies
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 21 Dec 2013 , 2:55am
post #2 of 5

It would help to know what recipe you are using.

romeolo26 Posted 21 Dec 2013 , 3:27am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanter 

It would help to know what recipe you are using.

SweetCarolines Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCarolines Posted 21 Dec 2013 , 3:40am
post #4 of 5

AIt's possible that you're over beating your butter.

romeolo26 Posted 21 Dec 2013 , 4:01am
post #5 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetCarolines 

It's possible that you're over beating your butter.

Hmmm.. Is there a way to know this? Because I read that for the shortbread to be very nice - I have to beat the butter for a long time - I did 5 minutes straight but I read a few recommendations to do up to 15 minutes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%