Romance

Decorating By Norasmom Updated 20 Dec 2013 , 4:29pm by Norasmom

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 20 Dec 2013 , 2:48am
post #1 of 11

What's the most romantic cake request you have ever received?

Mine was last month, a gentleman wanted a sculpture of him and his wife sitting on a bench surrounded by tulips (her favorite flower), with their two sons sitting near them.  It was for her birthday.  He told me her birthday is at Christmas and she always felt slighted so he wanted something special.  Also, he said an important decision happened while sitting on the bench.  (Not sure what.)  I'm working on it this week.

I thought it was super romantic for a guy to call me for a cake for his wife with special instructions that she didn't give him!  

My husband is romantic too. :D 

10 replies
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 20 Dec 2013 , 2:57am
post #2 of 11

Aww, that is precious! My birthday is Sunday, and I always get slighted, myself, so I totally get it. My husband did make me my favorite cake last year, and he got me a gift on my half-birthday.

But as far as the most romantic cake I got an order for, it was a chocolate covered strawberry cake I do. It is dark chocolate cake, with strawberry filling, covered in chocolate ganache with chocolate dipped strawberries all over the top, and around the bottom border. The reason it was so romantic is because she had showed him one I did, off my facebook page when they were sitting in bed one night, because she thought it looked amazing, and 6 months later, he contacted me to make it for her birthday. I love that he remembered because I swear, 99% of what I say to my husband goes in 1 ear and out the other. He had it all planned out and even contacted me 2 moths in advance, to be sure I could do it.

Norasmom Posted 20 Dec 2013 , 3:22am
post #3 of 11

That's adorable!  It's hard for husbands sometimes.  My dad had 3 daughters to help him.  He paid, we shopped.  :-D  fortunately my husband remembers things.

Annabakescakes Posted 20 Dec 2013 , 3:31am
post #4 of 11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norasmom 

That's adorable!  It's hard for husbands sometimes.  My dad had 3 daughters to help him.  He paid, we shopped.  :-D  fortunately my husband remembers things.

I did that for my mom a couple years, stomached being around her husband so she could have a nice birthday. "I" got her a Kitchenaid when I was 14. haha. She still has it too.

Norasmom Posted 20 Dec 2013 , 3:50am
post #5 of 11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

I did that for my mom a couple years, stomached being around her husband so she could have a nice birthday. "I" got her a Kitchenaid when I was 14. haha. She still has it too.

That's nice that you did that for her Anna.  My dad does everything for us and for my mom so shopping was fun, not something I had to stomach. 

melanie-1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melanie-1221 Posted 20 Dec 2013 , 4:51am
post #6 of 11

That has to be the sweetest guy ever! 

My birthday is Saturday and at best I get an ice cream cake...no writing...no candles. 

Christmas babies do get shafted most of the time .

The most romantic cake I was asked to make had all of the woman's favorite flowers around the sides, an edible image of a love note he passed to her in 7th grade and an engagement ring.

I cried when he was giving me the run down, and the fact he chose cake to convey his message made him all the more amazing.

Happy Birthday Anna!:party:

Annabakescakes Posted 20 Dec 2013 , 5:01am
post #7 of 11

Quote:

Originally Posted by melanie-1221 

That has to be the sweetest guy ever! 

My birthday is Saturday and at best I get an ice cream cake...no writing...no candles. 

Christmas babies do get shafted most of the time .

The most romantic cake I was asked to make had all of the woman's favorite flowers around the sides, an edible image of a love note he passed to her in 7th grade and an engagement ring.

I cried when he was giving me the run down, and the fact he chose cake to convey his message made him all the more amazing.

Happy Birthday Anna!:party:

Thank you! Happy birthday to you, too!!!

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 20 Dec 2013 , 9:06am
post #8 of 11

that's sweet :)

Mine was a groom that secretly saved up for a year to get his bride-to-be her dream cake. He met me in secret, got her favourite flavours and brought me pictures form her pinterest 'dream wedding' board.
They were on a very tight budget, and had decided to forgo a catered meal and cake completely, and had family making simple finger foods. Second hand dress, diy flowers, no honeymoon etc.
The photographer sent me pictures of her walking in and bursting into tears when she saw it, then she wouldn't let anyone cut into it until she had personally picked off every gumpaste flower, haha.

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 20 Dec 2013 , 10:45am
post #9 of 11

Happy birthday to all of you, mine's on monday - get totally shafted:(. My  husband bought me a cake from a famous local bakery some years ago and it was so gross I told him not to do it again: not that I didn't appreciate it and all but it's such a waste of money. I'm not much of a cake eater anyway so it doesn't bother me, the date of my birthday bothers me more!

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 20 Dec 2013 , 4:14pm
post #10 of 11

I once had an order for a 50th wedding anniversary. Cake in the shape of two rings with the words from 1

Corinthians :"Love is patient, Love is kind..."

The rings were carved sheet cake style and the words were piped all over the cake and board. I wish I had a pic of that cake. 

Norasmom Posted 20 Dec 2013 , 4:29pm
post #11 of 11

Yes, happy birthday Anna, Clarie and Melanie!  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%