Dj Turn Table Cake

Decorating By monique0883 Updated 26 Dec 2013 , 12:49pm by monique0883

monique0883 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monique0883 Posted 16 Dec 2013 , 9:21pm
post #1 of 7

AI have a DJ turn table cake to make January 10 2013. 1.) Does any one have instructions of how to make beat by dre head phones or something similar? 2.) Will edible writing pens be good to draw the notches for volume... Do they even have a white pen? 3.) how do you make the indentions in the side of the record

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Dec 2013 , 3:02pm
post #2 of 7

1) idk

2) volume notches could also be just impressed into fondant or icing with a knife--i've never seen a white edible marker but they might have one

3) i would use a contrast of two surfaces rather than make the grooves--make the record label area and the outside perimeter one look and the grooves a different look--for example i'd use gum arabic and paint one of the areas so it virtually glows--the gum makes it shine like patent leather--or like a nice shiney record--or use a dust to just make it a visible contrast --

monique0883 Posted 23 Dec 2013 , 4:11am
post #3 of 7

AThank you

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 23 Dec 2013 , 5:59am
post #4 of 7

she explains how she made the headphones here http://offtherailscakes.co.uk/beats-by-dr-dre-headphones-cake/

Personally, I find a good clear picture of details is far better than a tutorial though, doing such a complicated cake should mean you have the skills to replicate. I would just google image 'cake headphones'.

They make edible markers in just about every colour, yes there are white ones. You can also use a script brush and paint with white colouring.

I'm afraid I disagree about the grooves, I would be pretty disappointed to get a record with no grooves, that's a pretty important part!
I have an adjustable mousse ring, starts out at 12" and can be adjusted down to 6", just lightly imprint, tighten it up, imprint again, etc. You can use larger circle cutters to finish it off.
I'm sure there are easier ways if you google it, that's just what sprung to mind.

It looks something like this http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FREE-shipping-stainless-steel-size-adjustable-circle-mousse-ring-retractable-cake-mould-mold-baking-tool-set/917767325.html

I remember reading on here ages ago about a girl using a frying pan to make the imprint.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Dec 2013 , 3:13pm
post #5 of 7

far be it from me to stand in the way of any of us getting our groove on -- lol

monique0883 Posted 26 Dec 2013 , 12:48pm
post #6 of 7

lol

monique0883 Posted 26 Dec 2013 , 12:49pm
post #7 of 7

thanks for all you guys responses. very helpful