gumpaste cutters

Decorating By gbbaker Updated 20 Dec 2013 , 7:47am by ApplegumPam

gbbaker Posted 14 Dec 2013 , 9:29pm
post #1 of 8

Help! I know I have seen these cutters, but can't remember where? and it's the bottom on this cake.  Thanks

7 replies
pdesomov Posted 18 Dec 2013 , 12:17am
post #2 of 8

There are quite a few cakes on that link. Can you post a pic or describe please?

gbbaker Posted 18 Dec 2013 , 3:45am
post #3 of 8

Center black cake on the bottom tier.

gbbaker Posted 18 Dec 2013 , 4:48am
post #5 of 8

Yes it is the cutter!  

ApplegumPam Posted 18 Dec 2013 , 8:27am
post #6 of 8

I know this cake (made in 2011) and the person who created it (Rouvelee)

It wasn't done with the cutter above - it was done with a circle cutter - if you look really carefully you will see that the black is a thin layer OVER the white fondant cover - NOT the white petal shapes put on


You would cut a circle in black and cut off the petal shapes - leaving the centre - and then place on cake.


NOT a simple job - a tedious time consuming job with a GOOD eye for detail - they all need to be aligned properly and consideration taken to ensure no distortion when trying to place!

810whitechoc Posted 20 Dec 2013 , 7:32am
post #7 of 8

I've seen this cake before too, I'm a Rouvelee fan, the quality of her work in both design and execution blows me away everytime.  Wish I was that good :roll:

Quote by @%username% on %date%