qtrican Posted 7 Dec 2013 , 2:16pm
post #1 of

AI have a huge order of cookies that I need to deliver this week. I'm having trouble with finding something to put between the layers that is greaseproof. After I covered them in fondant I layered them between sheets of dry waxed paper. By the morning some of the cookie oils had bled into the layer below. I don't have room to leave every cookie out until time for delivery. I need to start boxing them up but I need help with figuring out what to use. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

8 replies
-K8memphis Posted 7 Dec 2013 , 2:21pm
post #2 of

can you stack them on their side, one next to the other instead of on their bottom? that would relieve a little of the pressure maybe---i use greaseproof tissue too--

MsGF Posted 7 Dec 2013 , 2:56pm
post #3 of

Parchment paper is my go to item but wax paper will work to.  Both are grease proof.

MimiFix Posted 7 Dec 2013 , 5:35pm
post #4 of

Since waxed paper does not work, use parchment paper. That should (hopefully!) solve your problem.

MBalaska Posted 7 Dec 2013 , 8:07pm
post #5 of

Quote:

Originally Posted by MimiFix 

Since waxed paper does not work, use parchment paper. That should (hopefully!) solve your problem.

Always works for me.

hbquikcomjamesl Posted 13 Dec 2013 , 11:41pm
post #6 of

I don't put anything between layers. But I don't usually decorate cookies, either (the only recent exception being baked-in cookie-paint to simulate ink residue on the "wood type cookie" project) so there wouldn't be anything to bleed.

as you wish Posted 13 Dec 2013 , 11:47pm
post #7 of

AParchment paper should work well, or you could use pieces of cellophane.

MBalaska Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 4:36am
post #8 of

Quote:

Originally Posted by as you wish 

Parchment paper should work well, or you could use pieces of cellophane.

As you wish:  I tried out the cellophane between cookies for decorated cookies in clear cellophane bags.      It was perfect.

especially as it is invisible.  I had 5" x 5" cello paper from my caramel candy making. Nice tip, Thanks.

as you wish Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 3:58pm
post #9 of

A

Original message sent by MBalaska

[B]As you wish: [/B] I tried out the cellophane between cookies for decorated cookies in clear cellophane bags.      It was perfect. [I]especially[/I] as it is invisible.  I had 5" x 5" cello paper from my caramel candy making. Nice tip, Thanks.

Glad it worked well for you! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%