So Tired

Decorating By BellaSweet Updated 11 Dec 2013 , 3:05pm by mattyeatscakes

BellaSweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaSweet Posted 7 Dec 2013 , 7:58am
post #1 of 5

AIt's so late here. I'm exhausted! I'm working on a wedding cake right now. It is proving to be very difficult. Its SMBC and I have to do the diamond quilt pattern on the cake. So far, on method hasn't worked. I used a diamond shape xutter to make the pattern. Its not working. I guess I'm going to have to tey the impressionmat....I just want to sleep.

4 replies
CherriesonTop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherriesonTop Posted 7 Dec 2013 , 9:12am
post #2 of 5

I mark the bottom at 1" intervals with a small hole from a toothpick. Then I use a stiff paper and fold it at a 45 degree angle and hold it around the cake to mark my lines. You can make them any size this way and don't have to buy a bunch of impression mats.

dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 7 Dec 2013 , 3:57pm
post #3 of 5

I realize this may be too late - but to make a diamond pattern, I take a cardboard box and cut a right triangle out of one of the sides, leaving the bottom ledge attached.  Then I cut the ledge from the outer edge towards the triangle in several locations so that it can curve around the round cake.  Then, I mark 1in/2in/whatever around the cake and line the slanted edge of the triangle with my marks and press a line into it.  Gosh....I hope that makes sense.

BellaSweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaSweet Posted 10 Dec 2013 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 5

AThank you both for responding. Everything I tried pulled of icing and it looked awful. I think in the future, if someone wants a BC cake with diamond quilting, I'm going to have to do a Crusting American BC. I ended yp covering the cake in fondant and then pressing the diamond in one by one. Whew, glad its over. [ATTACHMENT=1406]20131207_133319.jpg (2,030k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 11 Dec 2013 , 3:05pm
post #5 of 5

very pretty!! awesome cake!! ;-D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%