How Much Should I Charge For My Cupcakes???

Baking By DebbieDs Updated 6 Dec 2013 , 2:02pm by BatterUpCake

DebbieDs Posted 5 Dec 2013 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 10

Hi everyone, just wanted to know how much I should be charging for my cupcakes, which include a filling of their choice and homemade buttercream. One dollar isn't enough but im just  not sure how to price. Plzzz help. Thank you.

9 replies
-K8memphis Posted 5 Dec 2013 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 10

there are scores of pricing threads on this site--this subject comes up almost daily--so aparently it's a good question something everyobody wants to know--please do a search and read to your 's content--

there's little i could add to what's already been said--

best of the best to you

jason_kraft Posted 5 Dec 2013 , 11:12pm
post #3 of 10

ACheck out the Pricing Formula link in my signature below.

Norasmom Posted 6 Dec 2013 , 1:27am
post #4 of 10

It seems the average is $2.50.  I charge $2.75 with a small fondant decoration.  But it is true, you must come to your own formulation on pricing. 

Norasmom Posted 6 Dec 2013 , 1:28am
post #5 of 10

It seems the average is $2.50.  I charge $2.75 with a small fondant decoration.  But it is true, you must come to your own formulation on pricing. 

Smckinney07 Posted 6 Dec 2013 , 2:09am
post #6 of 10

AYou really need to figure out how much it costs to make your cupcakes, depending on your recipe and ingredient costs (just for starters).

I have a minimum order of two dozen (one dozen if they're adding it to a cake order-I get that a lot for some reason especially for birthdays).

I have basic cupcakes with a simple swirl and sprinkles. I charge extra for fillings (which I advertise as my gourmet flavors). Decorations are extra, based on detail.

*I strongly recommend having a minimum order. I didn't at first and this really seemed to cause me problems with cupcakes especially because people would request a dozen my basic cupcakes & could never understand why they cost more then Walmarts. Of course certain customers argue price regardless but simple cupcakes seemed to be the biggest issue.

Godot Posted 6 Dec 2013 , 7:28am
post #7 of 10

AOne dollar sounds pretty fair.

DebbieDs Posted 6 Dec 2013 , 9:35am
post #8 of 10

AThanks everyone!!!

enga Posted 6 Dec 2013 , 10:27am
post #9 of 10

Where I'm from a basic a cupcake can run anywhere from $1.20 - $1.85. Gourmet starts at $2.00 and run upwards to $3.85. Mini cupcakes start at $1.00.

BatterUpCake Posted 6 Dec 2013 , 2:02pm
post #10 of 10

Enga, where are you from? Are these cupcakes from a bakery or grocery? By the time I figured all of the costs involved in making cupcakes they were more than $1 each if sold individually. A little cheaper if I didn't have to package individually.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%