Cake Requests - What Are The Gems You Have Heard?

Lounge By mfeagan Updated 5 Mar 2014 , 12:35pm by Number2daughter

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 14 Jan 2014 , 11:54pm
post #31 of 43

works for stomping wine grapes, why not BC? Everyone wonders what gives your BC that underlying earthy taste :sssh:

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 15 Jan 2014 , 11:32pm
post #32 of 43

I had one woman ask me to make a life-sized replica of her 10 yr old granddaughter once, then proceeded to tell me about how she had first wanted to do a life-sized Hannah Montana, but her granddaughter was so much prettier than her, why not do one of her granddaughter? She talked about that for quite some time before I could get a word in to tell her how much it would cost, and that shut her up.

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 15 Jan 2014 , 11:35pm
post #33 of 43

That will do it.

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 15 Jan 2014 , 11:35pm
post #34 of 43

Oh, I did have one, but ironically it was from another baker.

I was making her wedding cake, and she asked if she could have, or possibly pay me up to $50 for, my vanilla cake recipe. You know, so she could make yummy vanilla cakes to sell in the same town as me!

She was quite offended when I declined her generous offer.

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 12:03am
post #35 of 43

That's too bad. I was thinking, no way would you give it to her, but at least she offered to pay something for it. Well, at least you know your competition is not a rational person, clear headed person, hahaha!

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 7:03am
post #36 of 43

A

Original message sent by howsweet

.....Well, at least you know your competition is not a rational person, clear headed person, hahaha!

And therein lies the problem. Most individuals are NOT, by any means, rational, clear-headed persons.

saskibrand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saskibrand Posted 2 Mar 2014 , 10:34am
post #37 of 43

Nice post. anyways, JOBLESS? visit us @ http://www.unemployedpinoys.com

Cakejeanie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakejeanie Posted 2 Mar 2014 , 2:59pm
post #38 of 43

Saskibrand, please do go away. I'm sure your  heart is in the right place but this is forum is for cakes, not jobs and that is the 5th time I've seen the exact same sentence in various threads.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 2 Mar 2014 , 5:52pm
post #39 of 43

A

Original message sent by Number2daughter

AHHHHH! I was looking at everyone's facebook pages from the "Share your facebook" post and was so happy to find AZ Couture had shared hers UNTIL I saw her post from yesterday-a lifesize replica of a 4 year old for his birthday!  Seriously ironic...or are there more "cake masters" (I bow to you  :lol: ) who have carved lifesize replicas? I thought the lady was crazy for requesting a "cake child"- I mean who really wants to eat his "body"-get it? I may have to re-think my response to this customer.

shoot...I didn't make that, I don't even remember why I shared it now...lol.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 2 Mar 2014 , 5:54pm
post #40 of 43

A

Original message sent by Cakejeanie

Saskibrand, please do go away. I'm sure your  heart is in the right place but this is forum is for cakes, not jobs and that is the 5th time I've seen the exact same sentence in various threads.

It's just a spammer, no need to even address them personally, they aren't going to reply. Obnoxious, but there probably isn't even a real person behind it, just a spam program.

Cakejeanie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakejeanie Posted 2 Mar 2014 , 6:36pm
post #41 of 43

A

Original message sent by AZCouture

It's just a spammer, no need to even address them personally, they aren't going to reply. Obnoxious, but there probably isn't even a real person behind it, just a spam program.

goes to show how much I know of the internet! I can't believe spammers are now infiltrating forums as well :-(

Lizzybug78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizzybug78 Posted 5 Mar 2014 , 11:44am
post #42 of 43

There was a home baker in the UK who was in the papers a few weeks ago (slow news week??) as she'd made a life size replica of a child for his birthday. It may be the same one you saw number2daughter?

I was with my mum when I saw it and commented on the cost (£400). She thought I meant it was a lot of money. I had to explain to her that this woman had baked 12 cakes for this sculpture which would have taken hours, then she spent 15 hours decorating. When you take into account the cost of the ingredients alone, not to mention electricity, preparation etc this is imho hugely cheap!

She's clearly hugely talented though - I love the Jack Sparrow she did. The only thing better than Johnny Depp is Johnny Depp made of rice krispie treats. I think I may have had a dream about that at some point :-D

http://www.dailyedge.ie/alfie-rose-life-size-cake-1283554-Jan2014/

Number2daughter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Number2daughter Posted 5 Mar 2014 , 12:35pm
post #43 of 43

Yep Lizzybug78-it's the same one I saw. Sorry AZCouture, I see now where you were "sharing" it on your page-my apologies...but you are still one the greats-thanks for inspiring!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%