My Baking Channel :)

Decorating By ellenoirify Updated 7 Dec 2013 , 7:22am by morganchampagne

ellenoirify Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellenoirify Posted 3 Dec 2013 , 12:13pm
post #1 of 81

Hello dearest community!

I want to share-once again- my Youtube baking channel with you!
My latest tutorial is a Toy Story Cupcake How-To-Tutorial!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuicrTboLpY&feature=c4-overview&list=UUaYzksp-T2V1gcEdzfTuDiw

If you own a Youtube channel I´d be happy if you subscribe!

Bye :D

80 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 12:35am
post #2 of 81

AWho is the tutorial best suited for, if someone asked you? Like who would you aim this at, what sort of decorator? Beginner, hobbyist, seasoned pro, etc.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 12:48am
post #3 of 81

that was so cool!

"stop hating start baking"

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 1:01am
post #4 of 81

Just an FYI, Disney is going after all types of

. One of my students recently had her video pulled and then got a cease & desist order along with a demand for payment. She wanted to know what to do. I told her to get a lawyer. 

-K8memphis Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 1:15am
post #5 of 81

Quote:

Originally Posted by MimiFix 

Just an FYI, Disney is going after all types of

. One of my students recently had her video pulled and then got a cease & desist order along with a demand for payment. She wanted to know what to do. I told her to get a lawyer. 

oh yeah--i kept waiting for something toy story-ish--i'm not all up on all the characters because i'm retired and because i don't do copyrighted stuff anyhow--

so let me amend my opinion--while it was a very cute video the copyright issue is something that definitely needs to be addressed--

sorry you clearly said "toy story' and i just did not recognize those characters as "toy story" but i guess they are--and by addressed i mean consider removing them for your own well being as mimi relates--

sorry--i was asleep at the wheel~~

scwright Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scwright Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 1:19am
post #6 of 81

AVery cute video

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 2:21am
post #7 of 81

ACute, but not helpful for me since those are very beginner level cupcakes.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 8:15am
post #8 of 81

Is no one going to mention that using a butter knife to cut out fondant MAY not produce the best cuts?? And that perhaps kneading a bit of cornstarch into it may help it to be a bit less gooey and easier to pick up and move around?

thecakewitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakewitch Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 8:57am
post #9 of 81

AAre you kidding me?! And this is a tutorial?

ellenoirify Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 9:59am
post #10 of 81

well since I just bake for fun I would say it´s best suited for beginners and hobby baker. I don´t think that my tutorials are helpful for pros but maybe they get a little inspiration.  Because I´m definitely not a pro so… :lol:

ellenoirify Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 10:00am
post #11 of 81

yep

ellenoirify Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 10:01am
post #12 of 81

I did use corn starch and I know that a butter knife is not the best way to cut fondant but as I mentioned it in the description: I´m just a hobby baker I´m not a pro and I don´t have professional equipment

ellenoirify Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 10:01am
post #13 of 81

Thank you :)

ellenoirify Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 10:02am
post #14 of 81

Really? Omg thanks for telling me !!!!

ellenoirify Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 10:12am
post #15 of 81

I JUST WANT TO CLEARIFY SOME THINGS:

1) I´m from Austria so excuse me if my grammar isn't correct

2) I´m NOT a pro and my tutorials are just for inspiration purpose and to show beginners that it is not hard to decorate cupcakes/cakes nicely
3) I´m more of a visual type so I think it is easier if you just see how I do it. I´m not a fan of people talking and talking and talking in tutorials because you see how they do it anyway. 

So please remember that before you post something mean. Thanks.

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 10:48am
post #16 of 81

AThanks for sharing your tutorial. The point of sharing is to educate and learn, as you stated. Many of the people who posted are very good at what they do.

When asking for feedback or constructive criticism, as you have with your poll, you're going to get it.

I do most of my fondant cutouts with an exacto knife, I keep meaning to order a scalpel-either will yield better results.

810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 11:29am
post #17 of 81

Good on you for having a go, but as has been suggested buy yourself an exacto or small sharp paring knife you will get much cleaner cuts.

When responding to a particular post click on the "Quote button at the bottom of the box, the quote you are responding to will appear in the Reply box and make it clear what you are answering.

810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 11:33am
post #18 of 81

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellenoirify 

I JUST WANT TO CLEARIFY SOME THINGS:

1) I´m from Austria so excuse me if my grammar isn't correct

2) I´m NOT a pro and my tutorials are just for inspiration purpose and to show beginners that it is not hard to decorate cupcakes/cakes nicely
3) I´m more of a visual type so I think it is easier if you just see how I do it. I´m not a fan of people talking and talking and talking in tutorials because you see how they do it anyway.

So please remember that before you post something mean. Thanks.

This is what I mean, I am answering this post so I have clicked the Quote box at the bottom, your post shows up and it is clear this is the one I am answering.

My daughter recently travelled through Europe and loved Austria, it was her favourite country to visit.

ellenoirify Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 12:21pm
post #19 of 81

Quote:

Originally Posted by 810whitechoc 

This is what I mean, I am answering this post so I have clicked the Quote box at the bottom, your post shows up and it is clear this is the one I am answering.

My daughter recently travelled through Europe and loved Austria, it was her favourite country to visit.

Ah ok now i get it :party:

I will definitely buy a special knife in my local bake-decoration store thanks for the tip!

And yes austria is pretty cool :)

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 12:36pm
post #20 of 81

you can buy an exatco knife at your local hardware/home improvement store- you don't need to buy at the cake decorating supply shop- it will be probably a lot more expensive at the cake supply shop. 

Are you in school still or a teenager?

PS- I love Austria too! 

-K8memphis Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 12:42pm
post #21 of 81

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellenoirify 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 810whitechoc 

Ah ok now i get it :party:

I will definitely buy a special knife in my local bake-decoration store thanks for the tip!

And yes austria is pretty cool :)

you are smarter than you think--i was amazed that you did not cut your mat--if you 'upgrade' to an exacto knife you will ruin your mat--so there's that too--

since you are out of the country--the copyright issue lessens--especially since this is just a 'for fun' video

since you are helpful and sweet and giving and made some cute videos i think you are purely inspirational and deserve a big round of applause--

*=D> applause

ellenoirify Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 1:02pm
post #22 of 81

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakefat 

you can buy an exatco knife at your local hardware/home improvement store- you don't need to buy at the cake decorating supply shop- it will be probably a lot more expensive at the cake supply shop. 

Are you in school still or a teenager?

PS- I love Austria too! 

Thanks for the tip!

I´m a student right now (3rd semester of university)

ellenoirify Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 1:33pm
post #23 of 81

Quote:

Originally Posted by -K8memphis 

you are smarter than you think--i was amazed that you did not cut your mat--if you 'upgrade' to an exacto knife you will ruin your mat--so there's that too--

since you are out of the country--the copyright issue lessens--especially since this is just a 'for fun' video

since you are helpful and sweet and giving and made some cute videos i think you are purely inspirational and deserve a big round of applause--

*=D> applause

Awwww the last sentence was SOO sweet of you :oops::grin:

ellenoirify Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 1:35pm
post #24 of 81

OH! And of course I´d be happy if you share my youtube channel with friends, family, enemy (jk), on social media,… 
:DDD
(Yes it is pathetic but I only have 29 subscribers … :( )

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 2:02pm
post #25 of 81

ellenoify,  many people will use UTube to find tutorials for many cake decorating ideas - even some pros, so the more professional the video the better.  Using exacto knifes and/or razor blades for sharp edges, using a circle cutter instead of a glass will help.  Making sure your fondant doesn't come across sticky (very unappetizing). There are mats that handle these sharp blades nicely - Google self healing mat.  They are inexpensive and worth the money.  Don't film with jewelry on (your bracelet) as it's distracting.

You asked for feedback and this is the place to get it.  You won't always get rainbows but you will get some pretty useful info, even if it's tough.  It can only make you better.

Jeanne

scwright Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scwright Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 2:03pm
post #26 of 81

AI don't understand why people feel the need to make people feel less of themselves. Does it matter if she is a beginner or a pro? If she is a beginner does that mean you can't learn something from her? I dare say no matter how advanced you think are there is ALWAYS something new to learn from ANYONE. I don't care how advanced I am I'm always on the lookout to learn new things and I don't discount anyone because they are a "beginner". There is no need to tear someone down and make them feel less of themselves, her tutorial was cute and if it's not on your level than fine keep it moving but don't bash her for it and yea ok so she put the voting buttons that's still no reason to offer up negativity, either you like it or you don't. Plain and simple. If she asked for more detailed critique that would be different and even then you don't offer critique in a demeaning manner. This is supposed to be a forum to encourage and help one another regardless of what level you are.

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 2:16pm
post #27 of 81

i liked the video!!! good job :) 

ellenoirify Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 2:19pm
post #28 of 81

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWinslow 

ellenoify,  many people will use UTube to find tutorials for many cake decorating ideas - even some pros, so the more professional the video the better.  Using exacto knifes and/or razor blades for sharp edges, using a circle cutter instead of a glass will help.  Making sure your fondant doesn't come across sticky (very unappetizing). There are mats that handle these sharp blades nicely - Google self healing mat.  They are inexpensive and worth the money.  Don't film with jewelry on (your bracelet) as it's distracting.

You asked for feedback and this is the place to get it.  You won't always get rainbows but you will get some pretty useful info, even if it's tough.  It can only make you better.

Jeanne

Thank you! I know that I will get criticism here but I just want it to be constructive! 
Like yours! Because some people right "oh that´s a bad video" but they don´t tell me what I can do better so really thank you :)

ellenoirify Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 2:21pm
post #29 of 81

Quote:

Originally Posted by scwright 

I don't understand why people feel the need to make people feel less of themselves. Does it matter if she is a beginner or a pro? If she is a beginner does that mean you can't learn something from her? I dare say no matter how advanced you think are there is ALWAYS something new to learn from ANYONE. I don't care how advanced I am I'm always on the lookout to learn new things and I don't discount anyone because they are a "beginner". There is no need to tear someone down and make them feel less of themselves, her tutorial was cute and if it's not on your level than fine keep it moving but don't bash her for it and yea ok so she put the voting buttons that's still no reason to offer up negativity, either you like it or you don't. Plain and simple. If she asked for more detailed critique that would be different and even then you don't offer critique in a demeaning manner. This is supposed to be a forum to encourage and help one another regardless of what level you are.

OMG that is exactly what I mean! Thank you very much :)

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 2:40pm
post #30 of 81

IMO, I don't believe anyone was being mean.  You got some tough and sometimes blunt feedback - nothing wrong with that, just hard to hear sometimes.  We all have had to listen to the tough stuff from time to time.  It's made me much better.  Now, when I ask for critique I expect the cold hard truth.  There's always something I didn't expect that I can correct to bring things up a level.

You have quiet a few videos out there so maybe it's time to watch them to see what others are trying to tell you.  The more you critique yourself, the better your next one will be. 

Jeanne

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%