What Can I Do To Stop My Lemon Meringue Cheesecake From Weeping?

Decorating By jadepearl Updated 8 Dec 2013 , 12:25am by jadepearl

jadepearl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadepearl Posted 3 Dec 2013 , 8:18am
post #1 of 6

Hello Everyone!

I have been a silent reader for a while and everyone is just so amazing and so talented here.  I have been trying to bake lemon meringue cheesecake which will not weep after I keep it overnight but I failed.  I have seen this famous lemon meringue cheesecake in the bakery near my workplace which has been in the cake display fridge for more than 5 days and it does not weep at all.

Anyone can enlighten me please?  What is it that I am doing wrong which make my lemon meringue cheesecake weep?

Thank you.

jp 

5 replies
810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 11:55am
post #2 of 6

It would help if you describe what you are doing.  By lemon meringue cheesecake do you mean there is a layer of meringue on top of the cheesecake?  If so try making Italian Meringue it stays more stable for a longer time. If not tell us what you are doing and somebody maybe able to help :)

jadepearl Posted 7 Dec 2013 , 6:04am
post #3 of 6

My apologies 810whitechoc.  I am trying to make a lemon meringue cheesecake, its a no-bake version. After making the no-bake lemon cheesecake, I would like to put a layer of meringue on top.  It looks something like this.  This photo is from taste.com

However, I have a problem...the meringue which is on top of the cheesecake weeps after 1 day.  Anyone who knows how to stop the meringue from weeping, please help...

Thank you.

Regards,

jp

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 7 Dec 2013 , 6:33am
post #5 of 6

i think one of your problems is that you are putting cold meringue on cold filling.

typically, the topping is put on the hot pie and the heat sets the meringue where it connects with filling. another tip is to be sure that the filling touches the crust all the way around, again creating a seal to keep the topping from shrinking.

you could try adding a bit of cornstarch to your meringue. 

is it possible that your local bakery is using a stabilized whipped cream instead of a meringue?

jadepearl Posted 8 Dec 2013 , 12:25am
post #6 of 6

BrandisBaked - Thanks for the link :)

• ellavanilla - The cheesecake is non-bake. So, after its set, then only can I put the meringue on top of it. After that, I have to pop it into the oven to bake it till its cooked about 10 mins.  However, after a day, the meringue starts weeping :(  We tried the no-bake lemon meringue cheesecake and its indeed meringue. 

I will keep on searching for the answer...thanks everyone!

Warmest regards,

jp

•  
  •  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%