Wafer Paper Ad00 Vs Ad2

Decorating By kathyw Updated 3 Dec 2013 , 1:02am by kathyw

kathyw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathyw Posted 2 Dec 2013 , 1:59am
post #1 of 7

AI am looking online for wafer paper and came across two different classifications AD00 and AD2. Does anyone know what this means and the difference between the two? Thanks everyone.

6 replies
LisaBerczel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathyw Posted 2 Dec 2013 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 7

AI received an answer from the company. Apparently the AD2 wafer paper is twice the thickness of the AD00 paper. I'm not sure how both compare to standard wafer paper on the market???

LisaBerczel Posted 2 Dec 2013 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 7

Ah, good to know it's not about size. What are you trying to do with the paper? I mold flowers and make roses with the thinner thickness with no issues. But mine does have a Smoother and a Rougher side to pay attention to.

kathyw Posted 2 Dec 2013 , 10:44pm
post #5 of 7

AI have only used the paper to print images but I would like to start doing things like flowers or 3D designs. The paper I had was too thick and brittle to try that. Maybe my paper was old and dry?? So now shopping for new paper I noticed the different classifications.

LisaBerczel Posted 3 Dec 2013 , 12:08am
post #6 of 7

Wafer paper doesn't get old in my experience.

The thinner paper will be more flexible, but both thicknesses' flexibility will increase with humidity. If you store the paper in a zip lock with desiccant, try letting a sheet sit out overnight so that it equalizes with the ambient humidity. Or LIGHTLY pass the sheet over a hot steam from a kettle.

Wafer paper has a grain - it will fold and tear cleaner in one direction than another. But I'm not going to do origami with it....

I use the thin for flowers and 3d design molding all the time..... but the thicker will work to. It will just take longer to dry. On the other hand, the molded shapes may be more opaque.

kathyw Posted 3 Dec 2013 , 1:02am
post #7 of 7

AI didn't know about the humidity aspect but it makes sense. I live in a dry area. I will try your suggestions. Thanks so much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%