Convince Cc.com To Put More Posts On Each Page?

Decorating By MBalaska Updated 2 Dec 2013 , 2:14pm by Psyched baker

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 1 Dec 2013 , 10:10pm
post #1 of 7

How do I convince CakeCentral.com to put more posts on each page in the forum? There are 15, how about 20.  This is a question for me as I have often slow or non-service internet and once a page comes up I’m happy to get it.  It also becomes a wish as some of the more interesting threads have a lot of back & forth conversations.

On the other hand, the posts may be limited so as to keep people popping up pages to get more numerous & varied advertisements, and money rules. In which case I’m not going to sway anyone on this request as it is less profitable.

I sometimes miss things that have been said on a previous page, as I have just joined in on the last page.  Ok so you can’t fix stupid, and it’s stupid of me not to just start from the beginning.  Perhaps it has already been increased in the past.  :???:  and I'm just behind the Power Curve.

6 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 1 Dec 2013 , 11:01pm
post #2 of 7

AAllowing users to change the number of posts per page is a standard feature of the Huddler forum software that CC has chosen not to enable. If profitability is the primary concern, perhaps this particular feature (and other standard Huddler features such as classifieds) could be made available to "premium" users only.

Another alternative is subscribing to threads with immediate email updates, if you use a threaded email client like Gmail you can see an unlimited amount of posts at once in a single thread. There is currently a bug with email notifications that is causing delays but it should still be up-to-date enough: http://cakecentral.com/t/765816/email-notifications-delayed

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a response though, CC staff very rarely engage with the community. Contacting them directly might be more productive.

MBalaska Posted 2 Dec 2013 , 4:53am
post #3 of 7

Jason_Kraft: ""Allowing users to change the number of posts per page is a standard feature of the Huddler forum software that CC has chosen not to enable...""

Thanks.  Normal Breathing Resumed. :shock:

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 2 Dec 2013 , 5:44am
post #4 of 7

AWas that sarcasm? It's hard to tell online. If so, I was pointing out that implementing this change would involve flipping a switch as opposed to development of a new feature.

MBalaska Posted 2 Dec 2013 , 8:00am
post #5 of 7

No Jason Kraft.  No sarcasm AT ALL towards you.

It was perfectly clear in your writing, that all they would have to do is click on their program and make it happen.  I accepted & believed your explanation as the plain fact of the matter.

{I agree with you that typing on the computers is virtually impossible to get the full meaning and intent of communications.  So much of  what someone says and means in speech is actually visual and auditory.  facial expressions, micro facial expressions, body positioning, in addition to the tone, pitch, volume, & pace of the voice are all vital parts of speech. Which is why we understand these emotocons so well. I'll try it again with emotocons.}

Jason:  "I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a response though." :roll:  :wink:

MB:  "Thanks.  Normal Breathing Resumed." ;-D  :lol:

MBalaska Posted 2 Dec 2013 , 8:18am
post #6 of 7

that was supposed to be me after holding my breath.

Originally Posted by MBalaska 
Thanks.  Normal Breathing Resumed. :shock:
Psyched baker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Psyched baker Posted 2 Dec 2013 , 2:14pm
post #7 of 7

ALol mbalaska. It is hard communicating online and there does seem to be a good amount of sarcasm at times so definitely can be hard to know. I always worry that technology is impeding our ability to communicate

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%