I made 12mm pearls for the first time and put the pearl dust INTO the mold prior to loading in the fondant. LOVE the intense look of the pearl dust sheen using that method (as opposed to applying the dust afterwards to the pearls).
Of course now I have 2 pearl molds filled with pearl dust. And it's not coming out. Has anyone had this experience and if so, how did you clean out those molds? Thanks in advance
I just take a piece of scrap fondant and put it into the mold a few times. It does a pretty good job, but it's not perfect. I don't really care because I "pearl" all of my pearls.
Thank you. I will try that. xx