Does Anyone Know Where To Purchase These Filigree Number Candy Molds?

Decorating By ajrose Updated 8 Mar 2016 , 2:16am by gscout73

ajrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajrose Posted 27 Nov 2013 , 4:13pm
post #1 of 11

I saw these numbers on Etsy.com in the Vintage Confection shop and I would love the molds. I have done extensive research trying to find them. They are not on amazon.com or ebay.com. I've checked tons of cake and candy supply websites. I can't find these filigree number candy molds anywhere! Has anyone come across these molds?

10 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Nov 2013 , 5:19pm
post #2 of 11

didja ask the artist? maybe they made them?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 28 Nov 2013 , 12:24am
post #3 of 11

My guess would be that they're either vintage molds that aren't sold anymore, or she had them made for her (or made them herself.) I'll tell you up front that in general, writing to someone on Etsy to ask about where they got their materials so that you can make the same thing yourself doesn't go over well.

ajrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajrose Posted 28 Nov 2013 , 3:39am
post #4 of 11

Quote:

Originally Posted by costumeczar 

My guess would be that they're either vintage molds that aren't sold anymore, or she had them made for her (or made them herself.) I'll tell you up front that in general, writing to someone on Etsy to ask about where they got their materials so that you can make the same thing yourself doesn't go over well.

That was my feeling too. I thought the forum would be the place to ask. So many talented people!

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 10 Jul 2014 , 2:42am
post #5 of 11

Here you go - there are a few places on Google to choose from....

Who knew that Google might have the answer - lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll  ;)

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=filigree+number+and+letter+molds&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=6_y9U-HGJojUkwXoyoDACA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=563

Bluehue

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Mar 2016 , 6:25pm
post #7 of 11
810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 7 Mar 2016 , 6:35am
post #8 of 11

Very cool, wish I had a reason to buy them, and no just coz I want them isn't a reason. I have too much cake decorating stuff that I have bought for that reason lol.

ropalma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Mar 2016 , 5:08pm
post #10 of 11

810whitechoc -- i know i 'need' some too :) and i mean i actually need to get rid of tons of stuff but i've tried and i just can't make myself do it...ain't hurtin' nothing exactly just sitting there but really cannot should not add to it...i keep telling myself hahahaha

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 8 Mar 2016 , 2:16am
post #11 of 11

I see that there are different styles of filigree numbers, and after extensively searching, I finally found that exact style of mold at https://www.etsy.com/listing/270968120/filigree-number-mold-hard-candy?ref=shop_home_active_3

There are others that are not as pretty for less. But this site sells individual letters for $25. The full alphabet is $400.

[postimage id="2899" thumb="900"]

They sell a mold that only has the numbers 1 2 3

Filigree Number mold (hard candy, chocolate, ice, fondant)

$25.00 USD

This mold is 3" high and contains three cavities.

[postimage id="2900" thumb="900"]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%