Huge Cake Scraper

Decorating By sixbittersweets Updated 4 Jun 2014 , 4:01am by Sweet Deetails

sixbittersweets Posted 26 Nov 2013 , 3:47am
post #1 of 9

I just saw this gloriously tall cake scraper on Sweet and Saucy's FB page.  It looks like it'd be amazing for frosting extended tier/double barrel cakes.  Has anyone seen this for sale anywhere?  Love the measurement marks as well.


8 replies
AZCouture Posted 26 Nov 2013 , 3:48am
post #2 of 9

Not sure where to get that exact one, but I bet someone does. If you can't find it, google Fat Girl Cakes, she sells   great scrapers, in long lengths.

sixbittersweets Posted 26 Nov 2013 , 3:53am
post #3 of 9

Thanks!  Wow yea she does make large scrapers =D.

Faradaye Posted 26 Nov 2013 , 3:54am
post #4 of 9

I use a carpenter's 'set-square' tool as a cake scraper.  I bought it at the hardware store.


It is a tool to help the carpenter get a right angle, so it is in an L-shape.  The shorter end I put flat against the bench, and the tall side (which is at a precise 90 degree angle to the shorter end) is against the cake.  It is 25cm high (which is about 10 inches) and has measurements on it.


So as long as I am holding the short end flat against the bench, I know the tall end scraping my cake is going to make the cake perfectly straight up and down.  And because of it's height, it can do tall cakes also.

CakesbyKarenAUS Posted 30 Nov 2013 , 1:45pm
post #5 of 9

We've had some made up - i love them for Double Barrels etc... up to 12" in height.


Hope that helps!

sixbittersweets Posted 30 Nov 2013 , 7:56pm
post #6 of 9


Sweet Deetails Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 2:27am
post #7 of 9

AI have the same one, it's a gauge ruler from Joanns fabric :)

Apti Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 3:38am
post #8 of 9

Took a while, but I found it!  It is a Dritz Ezy-Hem gauge.  Apparently they are easily available at stores and online for $12 - $17.

Sweet Deetails Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 4:01am
post #9 of 9

AThat's the one

Quote by @%username% on %date%