Freezing/refrigerating Cakes

Decorating By SweetAroma13 Updated 26 Nov 2013 , 1:32am by SweetAroma13

SweetAroma13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetAroma13 Posted 26 Nov 2013 , 12:45am
post #1 of 3

Hello Bakers,

I know there are already some threads regarding this topic but I need some specific answers answered quickly considering this is my first major holiday baking more than a couple of cakes.

1. I am going to start baking my cakes tonight, when I bake them do I need to refrigerate them if I am going to ice them the next day or will they be ok in the cake container at room temperature? What about the strawberry considering there is strawberry puree in them?

2. Also, how far ahead can I ice them (most are for delivery and pick up Wednesday)? is it ok for them to sit out room temperature after I ice them or do they need to be placed in the refrigerator? (I know the cream cheese iced needs to but what about caramel and chocolate?)

Thanks a bunch!

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Nov 2013 , 1:00am
post #2 of 3

baked cakes are ok at room temp overnight till you get them iced including strawberry

caramel iced might be better in the fridge chocolate iced should be ok at room temp

i fridge all my final iced cakes myself--but everyone does it different

hope all goes well

best to you

SweetAroma13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetAroma13 Posted 26 Nov 2013 , 1:32am
post #3 of 3

Thank you K8Memphis! I appreciate your speedy reply! I figured everything should be ok for a day or two but I did not want to take any chances.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%