How Do I Attach These Flowers???

Decorating By vianrey Updated 23 Nov 2013 , 3:35am by KellyKSD

vianrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vianrey Posted 22 Nov 2013 , 10:20pm
post #1 of 6

AHello everyone I have a request for this cake and don't really know how to attach the flowers so they wont fall off, any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks! ![IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3144576/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

5 replies
morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 22 Nov 2013 , 10:47pm
post #2 of 6

AI would say either royal icing or melted white chocolate. Either one should do it

vianrey Posted 23 Nov 2013 , 12:47am
post #3 of 6

AOk but what do I insert in the flower? Like I hear that some people use floral wire but its not food safe...

KellyKSD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellyKSD Posted 23 Nov 2013 , 1:32am
post #4 of 6

You can use a plastic straw to go around the floral wire -- you're right, the floral wire by itself is not considered food safe.

I have used regular old drinking straws or small "coffee-stirrer"-type straws. This was one of the first cakes I made for a friend's bridal shower (please ignore that you can see the white cake circle underneath it:smile:). Most of the flowers are just stuck on with buttercream (especially the little ones, as they were very light) but the leaves were on wires. I just pushed a straw in the cake, cut so it was a little below flush with the icing surface, and when everything was on you couldn't see the straws at all. 

X@

I think it totally depends on the finished weight of your flowers....if they are light and/or aren't built on a wire, the royal icing or candy melts should work. Hopefully that is helpful! 

Kelly

vianrey Posted 23 Nov 2013 , 3:22am
post #5 of 6

AThank you very much kelly that was very helpful, I greatly appreciate your advice and ill give it a try we will see how ot turns out, once again thank you!!!!

KellyKSD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellyKSD Posted 23 Nov 2013 , 3:35am
post #6 of 6

You're welcome and good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%