Guiness With Cake Mix

Baking By minacake Updated 25 Nov 2013 , 3:28am by Annabakescakes

minacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minacake Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 11:29pm
post #1 of 10

Hi! I'm in need help for a recipe of Guiness cake using cake mix. I am a terrible baker, for some reason i never succeed making cake from scratch, I tried :( 

Since my husband is a Guiness lover, After making him a Guiness look a like cake, I want to make a Guiness cake this year. but all the recipes online are cake from scratch. Anyone can help me? what should i replace of the mix ingredients? Heeelp..... 

9 replies
liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 22 Nov 2013 , 12:51am
post #2 of 10

I would guess that you should replace the liquid (water) with Guinness.

Liz

Alfiesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alfiesmom Posted 22 Nov 2013 , 12:56am
post #3 of 10

that's what I did using a chocolate box cake and the wasc add-ins.  Used Guinness as the 1 cup liquid.  you really can't taste it too much though

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 22 Nov 2013 , 1:21am
post #4 of 10

aaarrrggghhh..........beer in cake.    beer is for fried fish batter and getting drunk as a skunk.

make your  normal cake and decorate it like a beer can.

LadyMacca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyMacca Posted 22 Nov 2013 , 5:52am
post #5 of 10

ANo way, Guinness chocolate cake is my favorite! I've never made it with a mix though.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 22 Nov 2013 , 6:12am
post #6 of 10

AI would start with a can of beer and simmer it for at least 30 minutes, or until it reduces to about a cup, then use that as your liquid. It will be stronger tasting and give you the revolting beer flavor in your cake, without thinning your batter. I never did it with beer, but I know you have to watch Jim Beam very carefully or you have Jim Beam colored stain in the bottom of your pan and no Liquid!

LadyMacca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyMacca Posted 22 Nov 2013 , 6:32am
post #7 of 10

AThe recipe I use is from Epicurious. It calls for 2 cups of beer which is brought to a simmer but not reduced. Based on that I would guess all your water in a box mix could be replaced with the beer. It's a really good recipe if you want to take a chance and go from scratch!

minacake Posted 25 Nov 2013 , 3:19am
post #8 of 10

I did that already for my brother. this time i want it taste like beer not only looks like one. 

minacake Posted 25 Nov 2013 , 3:25am
post #9 of 10

I did it! i tried to use the whole can of guiness draft, instead of 1 cup as the box said, like alfiesmom said, you can't taste it, but a whole can of 14oz. you will smell the guiness from across the room :D its actually fluffier than regular cakes that make. probably the carbonation that make them fluffy? but anyway they are tasty :) oh! i add chocolate pudding mix too to cut down the liquid intake. Thanks all for the help. 

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 25 Nov 2013 , 3:28am
post #10 of 10

ASo glad it worked out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%