What Next

Decorating By crazymess Updated 22 Nov 2013 , 8:51am by Pearl123

crazymess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazymess Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 4:33am
post #1 of 11

So I just finished baking my two 3d cakes for my daughters birthday on Saturday.  Today is Wednesday night I have already baked, cooled simple syrup ed them and wrapped them in cling wrap, I don't have any more time tonight to do anything what should i do next?  

10 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 5:44am
post #2 of 11

AFreeze em

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 5:55am
post #3 of 11

AAs Leah said, it's best to freeze them. make sure they sit flat on the bottom/shelf so they don't warp. Put them on a cookie sheet at least until they are solid.

crazymess Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 3:20pm
post #4 of 11

Okay so I went to bed last night and the cakes were wrapped in cling wrap and set out on the counter.  when I woke up I saw what was posted and I put them in the freezer.  SO tonight when i get home can I take the cakes out of the freezer and ice them and decorate on Friday. But the thing is that there is really no decorating pursay its just all star tipped design on the cakes since they are 3d.  I also have a sheet cake to make, should I do this tonight early and simple syrup and then Freeze and decorate Friday?

Another question that I have if I take the cakes out of the freezer do they need to defrost if so how long.

I wrapped each cake like so:  placed the 3d cake on the cling wrap, placed back in half of the pan and then finished clinged wrapped them really good and sat over night on counter and put in freezer in the morning.  thank you ahead of time

leah_s Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 4:08pm
post #5 of 11

AI think when you described these as 3d we all assumed you were carving them into a 3d shape. Cakes are easier to carve frozen. Now I think you're describing cakes shaped by tbe pan like a Wilton character shape. If that's the case just treat it like a regular layer cake. Take it out of the freezer, let it pretty much defrost - doesn't take long and star tip it. Box it and hand it to your customer/serve it.

crazymess Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 4:30pm
post #6 of 11

Wilton character shape is correct sorry its the 3d duck and the 3d mini teddy bear for my daughters 1st birthday.  So then I can take it out of the freezer on Friday morning let it defrost and start star tipping it for the party on Saturday and just bake the sheet cake tonight simple syrup and freeze until Friday as well and decorate and ice.  I m just afraid that when it comes out of the freezer and if you put icing on them its gonna melt but I guess that is not the case.  Thank you for all the help any other suggestions would be great.

crazymess Posted 22 Nov 2013 , 12:47am
post #7 of 11

anyone available to answer please

leah_s Posted 22 Nov 2013 , 1:07am
post #8 of 11

Take the cakes out of the freezer, let them defrost (generally takes an hour or less) and put the icing on.  Done!

crazymess Posted 22 Nov 2013 , 2:44am
post #9 of 11

ASince tonight is Thursday night I took them out of the freezer and thawed them I'm getting ready to ice and decorate the bear what do I do with the bear after it is iced and decorated do I let it sit out or put it in the refrigerator and as for as the duck if I don't ice it tonight what do I do

LadyMacca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyMacca Posted 22 Nov 2013 , 5:40am
post #10 of 11

AI keep all cakes refrigerated, if it's uniced, wrap it well, if not it'll be fine. If you used cake mix it'll last forever with the preservatives.

Pearl123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%