7 Tier Cake Help

Decorating By Nauz Updated 20 Nov 2013 , 10:54pm by Nauz

Nauz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nauz Posted 20 Nov 2013 , 3:18am
post #1 of 3

Lady asked me to make 7 tier cake for 80ppl feeding.  My plan is to buy 16",14",6"4" dummy cake and 12",10" & 8" for real cake.  So, the real 3 tier cake will be in the middle and bottom 2 tier and top 2 tier will be dummy.  I have never done more than 3 tier cake.  Anyone can help me how can I stack the cake so it doesn't fall off?  Do u guys think 2 dummies on the bottom would hold 3 tier cake weight?  please help.  thanks

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Nov 2013 , 5:53am
post #2 of 3

./....... bottom 2 tier and top 2 tier will be dummy. ..... how can I stack the cake so it doesn't fall off?  Do u guys think 2 dummies on the bottom would hold 3 tier cake weight?...........

If you put a good amount of icing on the dummy cake top before adding the real cake tiers they will not fall off even with more dummy tiers on top.  I would transport it in 3 pieces: the two bottom tiers stacked; the real cake stacked and then the top two - infact you probably can put the middle & top tiers together so there are only 2 sections.

Put a tall dowel through the upper section to hold them together.  The 12, 10, 8 is going to be a bit unstable so be sure to use the center dowel and drive very carefully.

The 2 styro dummy tiers will be more than strong enough to hold the upper tiers without any added support (dowels).

Be *SURE!* to charge as if all the tiers were real cake.  It is work (and icing ingredienst) to decorate the dummies.  Unless you have worked w/dummies before you will find them hard to ice as they are so light they squirm around when trying to ice them :)

Nauz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nauz Posted 20 Nov 2013 , 10:54pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much for your time.  I learned a lot from this!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%