Help Being A Vendor At A Christmas Event!!!

Business By DaGiftDacurse Updated 19 Nov 2013 , 9:47pm by theicingartist

DaGiftDacurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaGiftDacurse Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 4

AOk So I just got the opportunity to be a vendor at a Christmas event!! And it will be my first vendor event so I'm lost!!!!

1. How do you price at these type of events do you price up or down??? Or keep at normal(keep in mind it's a children event/toy drive) 2. Packaging: am I prepackaging the cupcakes like in single boxes or serving them on napkin when they buy them

3. As per display I plan on selling a variety of things do I put everything out on display or only some things for show and sell those at the end??

4. Is $60 a lot for a vendor fee at this type of events?

5. I plan on doing a yellow cupcake and chocolate cupcake I want to do 2 other flavors one I want to be something that's considered a Christmas flavor and the other a kids favorite do you all have any suggestion on flavors??

Ok I think that's it for now but help I would love to her you all feed back

3 replies
theicingartist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theicingartist Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 4

hello, I would try and keep your prices the same as you normally have them.  May price down slightly s you can sell more, but do not cheat your self either.

have both boxes and napkins available.  Most people will probably want a box to take home.  Have a few different sizes of boxes (1 per box, 4 per box, 6 per box), offer deals if you buy more cupcakes.

Arrange your display with a bit of everything that you are selling, keep everything else underneath your table, and restock as needed.

$60.00 isn't too bad for a fee, depending on how busy it is and how well advertised it is.  You just have to keep in mind that money is coming off your total profit.  So if you are selling cookies for $3.00 each and your cost per cookie is $1.00 you will need to sell 30 cookies just to cover the cost of the table, not covering your time for baking decorating and packaging. 

I would do something with chocolate and caramel, something nice and rich.  Gingerbread flavors are very festive, maybe a pumpkin infused cupcake with cream cheese icing?  "pumpkin pie cupcake"

Best of luck!  Let me know if you have any more questions.

DaGiftDacurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaGiftDacurse Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 4

AYou are awesome!!!! Thank you!!! I thinking imma try to get together a gingerbread cupcake got some work to do tonight!!! Thank u again

theicingartist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theicingartist Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 9:47pm
post #4 of 4

No problem! best of luck let me know if you need any more help.  You can also reach me at my youtube channel 
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC500_29hTGKAj6GBmSoMiBw 

-Take care

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%