Making A Cake For Mom

Baking By minions Updated 22 Nov 2013 , 10:14pm by minions

minions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minions Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 5:13am
post #1 of 7

my mom want to eat a cake. it must be chocolate with chocolate topping. i know how to make the cake but im not sure whether to make a Ganache or frosting. 

does ganache hold better in room temp? 

does it matter what you put in the ganache? 

i have seen soo many ganache recipes but im really confused as to which one is the right one. Can someone help me? 

6 replies
nicechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicechef Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 5:30am
post #2 of 7

Basically, make a cake for mom is a bit complicated thing. because we also have to consider the condition of our mother's health. For example with cookies that contain sugar or other restrictions that should not be eaten. but doing so will us discuss more complete within our site.

<a href="http://goo.gl/9H3drS"> How to Make Delicious Dishes </a>

nicechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicechef Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 5:33am
post #3 of 7

Basically, make a cake for mom is a bit complicated thing. because we also have to consider the condition of our mother's health. For example with cookies that contain sugar or other restrictions that should not be eaten. but doing so will us discuss more complete within our site. Maybe we can help you.

<a href="http://goo.gl/9H3drS"> How to Make Delicious Dishes </a>

mfeagan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfeagan Posted 20 Nov 2013 , 2:23am
post #4 of 7

You can either make a chocolate buttercream or a ganache. It depends on how sweet of a frosting you want to make for your mom's cake. Buttercream will be sweet and ganache will be very rich chocolate - my personal favorite. 

All the ganache recipes you have found are probably all correct. It just depends on the consistency you are going for. If you want to pour it over your cake and let it set up, then you would use more cream in your recipe. If you want it to be thicker, like a spread, you would use less cream in your recipe. I think most here who want to use it to spread, they use 3 parts chocolate to 1 part cream. 

Hope that helps! 

minions Posted 22 Nov 2013 , 9:48pm
post #5 of 7

im thinking of making the liquid ganache? would it be for example 3 part chocolate and 3 cream? 

also is it possible to put the ganache over a frosting? or is that going to melt the frosting since the ganache is hot. 

thank you, it helps :) 

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 22 Nov 2013 , 10:08pm
post #6 of 7

Ahttp://www.bakerella.com/just-a-cake/

You'll want to frost your cake first so you have a smooth 'canvas' to pour your ganache on. I've attached a link with a recipe and pictures.

But Mf is right, some people just use cream and chocolate others add butter or infuse different flavors. Basically, it's just a ratio for how thick you want the ganache (white and milk chocolate are softer so they'd use less cream, but that's another story).

Basically there's whipped ganache, pourable ganache, and ganache that forms a hard shell (my fav for covering cakes rather then BC).

minions Posted 22 Nov 2013 , 10:14pm
post #7 of 7

thank you :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%