Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow Pops

Business By HayBabyCakes Updated 21 Nov 2013 , 5:19pm by DebbyJG

HayBabyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HayBabyCakes Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 3:09am
post #1 of 9

A140 chocolate dipped marshmallows with sprinkles/ some type of detail work on each. What's everyone's opinion on pricing ?

Marshmallows obviously have no prep time so the hardest part will be the chocolate dipping and sprinkles.

Help! :grin:

8 replies
Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 3:38am
post #2 of 9

$2 each.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 8:00am
post #3 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayBabyCakes 

140 chocolate dipped marshmallows with sprinkles/ some type of detail work on each.

What's everyone's opinion on pricing ?

Marshmallows obviously have no prep time so the hardest part will be the chocolate dipping and sprinkles.

Help! icon_biggrin.gif

HayBabyCakes: did you make your own marshmallows?  I looked at an interesting book on making marshmallows when I was visiting Seattle.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 5:08pm
post #4 of 9

I make my own and they are SO easy.  I use a recipe on Epicurious.  I use vanilla bean paste so you can see all those beautiful specks when you bite into it.  I pour the marshmallow into a 9x13 and cut them into blocks.  You could also use cutters to cut the shapes, but just make sure you dust them really well with powdered sugar.  I prefer to cut blocks because there's no waste and you can tell they're homemade.  They taste WAY better than the store-bought ones.  The key is to whip them really well so they're light and fluffy.

I think $2 or $2.50 a piece is appropriate if you're just dipping store-bought ones.

MBalaska Posted 20 Nov 2013 , 7:58am
post #5 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieCahill 

"I make my own and they are SO easy.  I use a recipe on Epicurious......."

AnnieCahil:  I watched Martha S. make them once, then saw the book at the La Sur something or other shop, and could picture putting lolly sticks in them and dipping them in chocolate ..........

they just looked dreamy. So if they taste really good, i'm sold.  thanks.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCarolines Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCarolines Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 12:08am
post #7 of 9

If you end up making your own get ready for the WORST smell you could ever imagine, yuck! I love homemade marshmallows, but that smell makes me so sick. 

My royal icing covered marshmallows are $1.50. For chocolate dipped marshmallows, I'd charge $2. 

MBalaska Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 3:31am
post #8 of 9

I can remember driving by the sugar beet factories as a little kid, it was atrocious awful smelly.  So I'll prepare myself for it. :o

DebbyJG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbyJG Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 5:19pm
post #9 of 9

AHuh. I make my own all the time and they are quick, easy and much better than store bought. And no smell....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%