What tip did they use? Technique?

Decorating By vanrobmac Updated 5 Dec 2013 , 11:50am by Norasmom

vanrobmac Posted 15 Nov 2013 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 10

I love the ruffle on this cake I saw on pintrest. Any ideas what tip? Technique they used. Greatly appreciated!


9 replies
shanter Posted 15 Nov 2013 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 10

I don't think it's a tip. It looks like smushed fondant circles to me.

debcons Posted 15 Nov 2013 , 6:05pm
post #3 of 10

AThis is circles of fondant folded I think.

melmar02 Posted 15 Nov 2013 , 6:33pm
post #4 of 10

AIt is ruffled fondant. You can get a similar feel with a big rose (bigger than a 104) tip, fat side toward the cake. I would practice first to get a feel for it.

lucyc1980 Posted 15 Nov 2013 , 7:44pm
post #5 of 10

I've tried this before using a circle cutter and kinda gathering the middle and then sticking on with water or sugar glue. I'd probably roll the fondant a little thinner though.

AnnieCahill Posted 15 Nov 2013 , 7:47pm
post #6 of 10

It's fondant circles gathered in a bunch and applied to the cake, agreed that I'd roll them thinner.

vanrobmac Posted 15 Nov 2013 , 9:04pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks everyone!!

MissyTex Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 10:30pm
post #8 of 10

Also, check out this youtube video for making white chocolate curls.  I haven't tried it yet, but it looks pretty easy.

If the link doesn't work just look up White Chocolate Curls on youtube. 




Conniecupcake Posted 5 Dec 2013 , 7:30am
post #9 of 10

AHi there, That's my cake, and everyone is right. It's made entirely from fondant circles. :D

Quote by @%username% on %date%