Fondant Cake In Humanity Weather

Decorating By owlwe Updated 18 Nov 2013 , 7:32pm by cheeseball

owlwe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
owlwe Posted 15 Nov 2013 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 6

HI ladys!! need help!! how to deco fondant cake in humanity weather ? i don't have air conditional kitchen    ;( hope someone cake help me here. the last time i try...my fondant starting to melt after i cover my cake ;( 

5 replies
cheeseball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheeseball Posted 15 Nov 2013 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 6

You mean humid weather, yeah?  With no air conditioning, you might have to go with a different type of frosting, like an American Buttercream.  I know what you mean about melting fondant - HIGH humidity + no climate control = unhappy caker. 

owlwe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
owlwe Posted 16 Nov 2013 , 5:57am
post #3 of 6

yes humid weather ;( in singapore …ok i will try out american buttercream . thanks!!!

blwilley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blwilley Posted 18 Nov 2013 , 3:18am
post #4 of 6

Hi,

I had a baby shower cake that became all tacky/sticky, so I put a fan on it, and it dried up nicely.

I had an extra fridge in the basement, so I put a big box on it's end in there, with the opening facing the door.  Then I slid the cake in the box.  So the sides, back & top of the cake were covered.  This kept the refrigerator condensation/moisture from settling on the cake, so the cake was fresh AND the fondant stayed dry.

Then when I took it out of the refrigerator, I put the fan blowing on it again to stop any condensation/sweating as it returned to room temperature.  In fact, I kept the fan on it until it was picked up by the people that had requested it.  Hope this info was of some help, good luck.

SweetCarolines Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCarolines Posted 18 Nov 2013 , 4:37am
post #5 of 6

AI live in Puerto Rico and add Tylose to my fondant to help with the humidity. Couple of weeks ago I had birthday in a balcony while it was pouring like CRAZY. With the rain and wind even the guests were getting wet. Cake was kept in a room with AC and was brought out when the party started. It did really well. Just a wee of sweeting but it just made it look shiny.

Tylose, definitely. And homemade fondant. I use Michele Fosters.

cheeseball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheeseball Posted 18 Nov 2013 , 7:32pm
post #6 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetCarolines 

I live in Puerto Rico and add Tylose to my fondant to help with the humidity. Couple of weeks ago I had birthday in a balcony while it was pouring like CRAZY. With the rain and wind even the guests were getting wet. Cake was kept in a room with AC and was brought out when the party started. It did really well. Just a wee of sweeting but it just made it look shiny.

Tylose, definitely. And homemade fondant. I use Michele Fosters.

I completely forgot that I was going to try Tylose!  About how much do you use?  The only thing is that neither the OP or I have AC...the almost constant rain and humidity here are so oppressive right now, even when it isn't raining, there's still a haze in the air.  When you touch fabric, like your clothing, bed comforter or your sofa, your hand comes away damp.  If you stand still long enough, I'm sure mildew would start to form on your body;).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%