Gumpaste Flowers

Decorating By Sharmala Updated 19 Nov 2013 , 5:22am by Sharmala

Sharmala Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sharmala Posted 13 Nov 2013 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 11

I am trying to make purple gumpaste flowers using Wiltons gel colours but they turn a blue.  Any ideas how to make the gumpaste purple?

10 replies
Cara-mel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cara-mel Posted 13 Nov 2013 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 11

AA

Original message sent by Sharmala

I am trying to make purple gumpaste flowers using Wiltons gel colours but they turn a blue.  Any ideas how to make the gumpaste purple?

A cake deco teacher says Wilton purple changes color and to use the American gel color or use a paste. I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to give it a try.

Cara-mel Posted 13 Nov 2013 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 11

AI meant Americolor...

gretch77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gretch77 Posted 14 Nov 2013 , 12:26am
post #4 of 11

No fade purple by Chefmaster is about the only color that is going to stay a true purple.  It is what  Nicholas Lodge recommends.

Cara-mel Posted 14 Nov 2013 , 1:33am
post #5 of 11

ANice! I will give that a try.

Sharmala Posted 14 Nov 2013 , 6:12am
post #6 of 11

Thank you, Cara-mel for your reply.  Unfortunately, I live in Tanzania!!!  I will put Americolor on my shopping list for the next time I am in Canada, which is my home.  

rebecca67e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rebecca67e Posted 14 Nov 2013 , 6:58am
post #7 of 11

if they're turning blue, you could add a tiny bit of red?

Sharmala Posted 14 Nov 2013 , 8:42am
post #8 of 11

Thanks, I will try that.

Cara-mel Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 3:22am
post #9 of 11

A

Original message sent by Sharmala

Thank you, Cara-mel for your reply.  Unfortunately, I live in Tanzania!!!  I will put Americolor on my shopping list for the next time I am in Canada, which is my home.  

I'm so sorry, I didn't know. Tanzania, I bet it's beautiful there! I will have to keep locations in mind when I respond ;)

SweetlyEA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetlyEA Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 3:50am
post #10 of 11

AI have americolor and it also fades blue. I believe gretch77 is right about chefmaster, but I have yet to try it.

Sharmala Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 5:22am
post #11 of 11

No problem, Cara-mel!  I didn't mention the fact that I live in Tanzania in my original post!!  Yes, it is very beautiful here!  I live on the top of the rift in a city called Mbeya.  I am a missionary working with the poorest of the poor children and single mothers.  We have been working with the children for 9 years.  Now we are trying to start an income generating project for the single mothers by making and selling cakes. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%