Pie Pop Help....

Decorating By mstrain2013 Updated 13 Nov 2013 , 7:06pm by johnbailey64

mstrain2013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mstrain2013 Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 12:36pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone. If anyone is into making pie pops I could use a little help. My family has asked me to make pie pops for Thanksgiving and I did a test run of them yesterday. For some reason I can not get the stick to stay in or the top and bottom crusts to stay together. I followed a couple tutorials on the web but it's just not working out. They taste good...just not holding together. Please help! :-( Thanks in advance!

4 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 1:37pm
post #2 of 5

I think you just need to crimp it better, and go all the way up to the stick. 

You could always tell your family that there is enough going on at Thanksgiving and that you'd rather have a whole pie than pie pops!  LOL.  That's what I'd do anyway...

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 2:53pm
post #3 of 5

Did you put a touch of water or egg between the two layers before you crimped them?

mstrain2013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mstrain2013 Posted 13 Nov 2013 , 12:25pm
post #4 of 5

LoL I did try for a whole pie but with no luck ....darn...oh well guess I will do what I can. I did put a little water around the bottom round but that didn't work either. Wonder if it matters what brand you use?

johnbailey64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnbailey64 Posted 13 Nov 2013 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 5

I made them a couple of times. The first time I had the same issues you are having. And the ganache swells up when its cooked, so if you have cutouts, keep that in mind.  But I think on a couple of mine I didn't have the sticks in far enough and they needed to be crimped a LOT better.

For my secod batch - I eliminated the sticks all together. Just had mini pies. :-)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%