Painting Chocolate Anyone??? And Others :d

Decorating By ilovetolearn Updated 13 Nov 2013 , 1:14am by ilovetolearn

ilovetolearn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ilovetolearn Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 2:26am
post #1 of 6

I think I posted my question in the wrong forum....

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had an idea on how to paint chocolate with no alcohol? I don't have luster dust, (or anything like that honestly) but I do have things like gel food coloring, regular (water based) food coloring..... yes, I'm new to this, but I really wanted to know if there was any possible way. Also. Can royal icing stick to chocolate? Does anyone have a royal icing recipe without cream of tartar?? Does anyone have ideas on how I can decorate the chocolate? (I'm trying to make a chocolate shoe, I was given a mold, now I'm trying to figure it out)  I'm sorry.... I do have a ton of questions. TIA! :grin:

5 replies
810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 11:16am
post #2 of 6

You can paint chocolate with coloured cocoa butter or you can colour chocolate and pipe designs on your shoe.  You can't use water based colours like gel colours, you need to use oil based colours they come in either liquid or powder form.  I personally prefer the liquid, as the colours are more vibrant.  You melt the cocoa butter or chocolate, add the oil based candy colour and  you are ready to go.  You will need to practice a little on some spare chocolate with either of these methods before decorating your shoe.

rjcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rjcakes Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 4:11pm
post #3 of 6

You can definitely decorate molded chocolate with royal icing. I used to make marshmallow eggs for easter that were covered in tempered chocolate and then decorated with royal icing flowers and leaves. Just make sure your chocolate shoe is hardened, then pop it out of the mold then you can go ahead and decorate. You can also decorate with melted chocolate in a piping bag, or even buttercream! 

For royal icing, there are many recipes out there that don't call for cream of tartar, Martha Stewart's for one...best of luck!

RJ

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 5:40pm
post #4 of 6

Colored cocoa butter.

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 13 Nov 2013 , 1:11am
post #5 of 6

This might not answer your question about painting on chocolate, but if you are anxious to play around with chocolate I recently discovered this site which should really help you. 

Yes, you can color chocolate, even using water or gel-based colors. No need to invest in more expensive oil-based candy colors. She has great examples and a good knowledge of chocolate. I believe she is a CC member.

http://www.wickedgoodies.net/modeling-chocolate-recipe/

Have fun!

Jan

ilovetolearn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ilovetolearn Posted 13 Nov 2013 , 1:14am
post #6 of 6

Thank you all so much! I'm so happy that all of you answered my questions! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%