cupcakequeen Posted 18 Sep 2005 , 11:50pm

Hi all,
I've been asked to make a poker theme cake for a young boy. I would like to know how to make this theme fun and appropriate for a young boy.

thanks

4 replies
nanni Posted 19 Sep 2005 , 12:46am

Go to the gallery-type in poker under the search catagory and it will take you to some pictures-all would be appropriate for a boy=you can also go to google and type in poker cake but I certainly don't guarantee what you will find will be age appropriate! Here is one on the Wilton site
http://www.wilton.com/forums/attachments/IMG%5F1839a%2EJPG Hope this helps.

debsuewoo Posted 19 Sep 2005 , 1:19am

Well, I remember playing poker as a kid and we played for toothpicks or penny candies (My brother especially loved to play at Halloween). I would do fondant cards and put penny candies in the pot. Or put the chocolate or gum gold foil coins in the middle.

Debbi

traci Posted 19 Sep 2005 , 1:30am

You could even do something with cards and having candy as the pot. I can remember playing games for candy when I was a kid. I am sure it will be really cute.
traci icon_razz.gif

Lisa Posted 19 Sep 2005 , 1:36am

We played poker for food when we were kids too. I think a playing card, maybe an ace, could be fun. You could tie in some witty saying and add a few poker chips to a corner or two.

Quote by %username% on %date%

%body%