Poker Theme Cake

Decorating By cupcakequeen Updated 19 Sep 2005 , 1:36am by Lisa

cupcakequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakequeen Posted 18 Sep 2005 , 11:50pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all,
I've been asked to make a poker theme cake for a young boy. I would like to know how to make this theme fun and appropriate for a young boy.

thanks

4 replies
nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 19 Sep 2005 , 12:46am
post #2 of 5

Go to the gallery-type in poker under the search catagory and it will take you to some pictures-all would be appropriate for a boy=you can also go to google and type in poker cake but I certainly don't guarantee what you will find will be age appropriate! Here is one on the Wilton site
http://www.wilton.com/forums/attachments/IMG%5F1839a%2EJPG Hope this helps.

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 19 Sep 2005 , 1:19am
post #3 of 5

Well, I remember playing poker as a kid and we played for toothpicks or penny candies (My brother especially loved to play at Halloween). I would do fondant cards and put penny candies in the pot. Or put the chocolate or gum gold foil coins in the middle.

Debbi

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 19 Sep 2005 , 1:30am
post #4 of 5

You could even do something with cards and having candy as the pot. I can remember playing games for candy when I was a kid. I am sure it will be really cute.
traci icon_razz.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 19 Sep 2005 , 1:36am
post #5 of 5

We played poker for food when we were kids too. I think a playing card, maybe an ace, could be fun. You could tie in some witty saying and add a few poker chips to a corner or two.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%