savannahquinn Posted 11 Nov 2013 , 5:21pm
post #1 of

I have to cover a 14 inch square cake with ombre fondant  ruffles....I've only attached fondant ruffles to a cake already covered in fondant...I'm tempted to try to attach the ruffles to buttercream but i'm a bit fearful that the ruffles will fall off...Any advice from past experience? TIA!!!

4 replies
anavillatoro1 Posted 11 Nov 2013 , 6:31pm
post #2 of

AI try this before whit no luck, for my daughter cake, save you self a headache and use fondant underneath, good luck ( maby the expert's have better look then I did)

kisamarie Posted 13 Nov 2013 , 8:40pm
post #3 of

AIf you build them from the bottom up you can attach the ruffles to each other so they don't collapse. HTH

savannahquinn Posted 14 Nov 2013 , 2:18pm
post #4 of

Thank you for your advice and taking the time to help. I think I'm gonna stick with what I know and just cover it in fondant :) Thanks Again!!!

RobinM61 Posted 14 Nov 2013 , 2:33pm
post #5 of

Thanks for the info, kisamarie. I have to make a tiered ombre ruffle cake for my best friend's daughter's wedding in June 2014. I've been debating fondant ruffles on buttercream (she doesn't like fondant) or making buttercream ruffles (I saw a great video on youtube). I want to make "test cakes" for a tasting for the bride and groom to see what they prefer and if fondant ruffles on buttercream even work! You rock!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%