14 Inch Square With Fondant Ruffles

Decorating By savannahquinn Updated 14 Nov 2013 , 2:33pm by RobinM61

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 11 Nov 2013 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 5

I have to cover a 14 inch square cake with ombre fondant  ruffles....I've only attached fondant ruffles to a cake already covered in fondant...I'm tempted to try to attach the ruffles to buttercream but i'm a bit fearful that the ruffles will fall off...Any advice from past experience? TIA!!!

4 replies
anavillatoro1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anavillatoro1 Posted 11 Nov 2013 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 5

AI try this before whit no luck, for my daughter cake, save you self a headache and use fondant underneath, good luck ( maby the expert's have better look then I did)

kisamarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kisamarie Posted 13 Nov 2013 , 8:40pm
post #3 of 5

AIf you build them from the bottom up you can attach the ruffles to each other so they don't collapse. HTH

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 14 Nov 2013 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you for your advice and taking the time to help. I think I'm gonna stick with what I know and just cover it in fondant :) Thanks Again!!!

RobinM61 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobinM61 Posted 14 Nov 2013 , 2:33pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the info, kisamarie. I have to make a tiered ombre ruffle cake for my best friend's daughter's wedding in June 2014. I've been debating fondant ruffles on buttercream (she doesn't like fondant) or making buttercream ruffles (I saw a great video on youtube). I want to make "test cakes" for a tasting for the bride and groom to see what they prefer and if fondant ruffles on buttercream even work! You rock!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%