Picture Of Cake Is Blurry!

Decorating By luvmykids2bits Updated 21 Nov 2013 , 2:31am by luvmykids2bits

luvmykids2bits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmykids2bits Posted 9 Nov 2013 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 5

AI tried entering the inspiration challenge. The thumbnail is crisp and clear, buf when you click on it the picture itself is blurry. I tried two different cameras and tried photo editing but nothing is helping. I've never had this happen before. Any suggestions? Help!

4 replies
texas_mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texas_mom Posted 18 Nov 2013 , 5:27am
post #2 of 5

Check your camera settings.  Try not to use your zoom lens but rather get as close to your cake as possible and use the highest megapixel/resolution setting.  I hope this helps.

luvmykids2bits Posted 18 Nov 2013 , 1:26pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks.  I actually did end up figuring out what was causing it.  I had the cake on some sparkly fabric, and the camera was trying to focus on the sparkles and that threw the focus off.  I took the cake off the fabric and it worked.

texas_mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texas_mom Posted 18 Nov 2013 , 9:44pm
post #4 of 5

Great !  I loved your cakes and the photos are amazing.  Do you by chance have photography as a hobby?  That is one of my other hobbies besides making cakes.

luvmykids2bits Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 2:31am
post #5 of 5

Thank you, Texas_mom!  No, photography is not a hobby, although I do find it interesting.  I only have my phone camera and a video camera that takes stills, no other fancy cameras!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%