ideas for an Ole Miss cake?

Decorating By dawnybird Updated 10 Nov 2013 , 7:34pm by Norasmom

dawnybird Posted 9 Nov 2013 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 8

I want to make my friend a birthday cake with an Ole Miss theme. I've looked through the galleries and googled ideas. I'm only making her a one-tier 8" cake, so most of the ones I saw are too elaborate. I'd like to use one of their logos but I don't know how to get a template for either the OleMiss cursive font or the original "Colonel Reb" mascot. She HATES the new black bear mascot!

Maybe I could just use the school colors, but in what way?

Also, to any Ole Miss alums out there, would the use of the phrase Hotty Toddy be a good one? Does it have enough meaning to an Ole Miss fan? I don't even know what it means but it seems to be a standard greeting between fans!

Thanks for any ideas!

Dawn

7 replies
dawnybird Posted 9 Nov 2013 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 8

Anyone? Anyone at all?

dawnybird Posted 10 Nov 2013 , 2:58am
post #3 of 8

Seriously? No Ole Miss fans? Not even one? Or even someone who has done an Ole Miss cake?

I won't ask any more after this.

Norasmom Posted 10 Nov 2013 , 4:10am
post #4 of 8

I am a HUGE Ole Miss Fan, because my husband went there!!    One of these years I hope to go tailgating with my husband in the grove.  Hotty Toddy is a very good term to use.  I don't like football, but I like Ole Miss football LOL.

How about a helmet?  You could do a buttercream transfer with the logo.  There are lots of tutorials here on how to do a frozen buttercream transfer, it's really, really  easy.

My husband misses the old logo too.

I did a navy blue star-tip helmet for him, (I don't like how it came out) with the logo on it.  I don't suggest using navy blue buttercream frosting for the entire cake, however…it does strange things to the digestive system. I'll leave it at that.

Norasmom Posted 10 Nov 2013 , 4:16am
post #5 of 8

Also write "Are you ready?" on the cake…for some reason that's a huge Ole Miss thing, according to my husband.   She'll love it!!

Norasmom Posted 10 Nov 2013 , 7:34pm
post #8 of 8

Post pictures when you are done, I can't wait to see!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%