Favorite Cupcake "toppers"

Baking By Bignlittlesmom Updated 19 Nov 2013 , 11:14am by MBalaska

Bignlittlesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bignlittlesmom Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 12

What are you favorite way to "top" your cupcakes? You know, once you have baked and cooled that favorite cupcake, piped on your best frosting, what "pretties" do you like to sprinkle on top? Mini chocolate chips, jimmies, sugar crystals, etc? Just wondering what fun things you like to use to finish off your cuppie :) 

11 replies
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 12

bignlittlesmom:  for some reason the kids I bake for think that JIMMIES are the coolest thing in the world and taste like heaven.  They of course have no actual taste, it's all visual.

CONFECTIONERIE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CONFECTIONERIE Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 9:05pm
post #3 of 12

I like to make melted chocolate toppers on parchment then transfer them to the frosting.  Like these little "scaredy cats" that I made for my Halloween cupcakes and this chocolate squiggly I made as a garnish for chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter buttercream.

MBalaska Posted 8 Nov 2013 , 1:02am
post #4 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by CONFECTIONERIE 

I like to make melted chocolate toppers on parchment then transfer them to the frosting. ........"

confectionerie:  adorable, simply adorable.  I admire those who can pipe by hand so nicely.

CONFECTIONERIE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CONFECTIONERIE Posted 8 Nov 2013 , 5:46am
post #5 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBalaska 

confectionerie:  adorable, simply adorable.  I admire those who can pipe by hand so nicely.

Thank you!  I made a template of little kitties and then traced them so it was a lot easier than it looks.  

Bignlittlesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bignlittlesmom Posted 10 Nov 2013 , 1:28pm
post #6 of 12

Those are adorable! What talent! 

Brooks321 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brooks321 Posted 17 Nov 2013 , 9:45pm
post #7 of 12

Hi! I prefer to decorate my cupcakes with candy, pieces of chocolate or chocolate chips. Fresh fruits are also good! Maybe I'm not very original but the cookies look very nice.

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 18 Nov 2013 , 1:52am
post #8 of 12

AI love drizzling ganache or sprinkles. I always reach for those first. I have a cool set of small cutters too that I love using with fondant or modeling chocolate

LadyMacca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 18 Nov 2013 , 5:30pm
post #10 of 12

my favorite go to are butterflies, flowers and monograms :) very pretty, easy to coordinate any colour schemes and very elegant :) 

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 8:12am
post #11 of 12

I like fondant flowers and handpiped chocolate toppers.

MBalaska Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 11:14am
post #12 of 12

Enjoying This page of beautiful cupcakes, Glad you all shared ! ! !  One can never get enough "Cute".:smile:

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%