Cake Business Name, Please Take The Time To Vote, Thanks

Decorating By Alyssa24 Updated 13 Nov 2013 , 10:45am by ShandiKakes

Alyssa24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alyssa24 Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 3:25pm
post #1 of 24

AHelp me select a creative and fun name for my cake business. I will be starting up a home base business making cakes and other sweets.

23 replies
BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 24

AThe last two are ok. Try saying the others out loud. You might think they would be cute on a sign or business card, but how about when answering a phone or just telling someone about your business?

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 24

ANo.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 24

Just curious. Why add in your thread's title, "please take the time to vote"? 

Alyssa24 Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 5:39pm
post #5 of 24

AI wrote that because I know how easy it is for users to bypass a thread. I was hoping that if they saw that line, they would take time out to read my post and vote. @mimifix

Alyssa24 Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 5:41pm
post #6 of 24

A

Original message sent by BrandisBaked

The last two are ok. Try saying the others out loud. You might think they would be cute on a sign or business card, but how about when answering a phone or just telling someone about your business?

Thank You for ur suggestion

PumpkinTart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PumpkinTart Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 5:47pm
post #7 of 24

Before you pick a name, you should decide what you want the perception of your business to be, that way, your branding/message is consistent.  If you'll be doing more homestyle cakes, cutesy or "fun" names might be okay but if you're looking to do more elegant types of cakes and treats, the same name won't convey that image.

People will definitely have a initial reaction to your name that will either catch their interest or turn them off.  For instance, any name with intentional misspellings (i.e. kake vs. cake) turns me off and I wouldn't buy.  If I was looking for a wedding cake or elegant party cake, I probably wouldn't order from "The Ice is Right" (too cute) but I might from "The Cake House".  Of course, if I was looking for cookies, "The Cake House" wouldn't look like someplace that could help me.

Alyssa24 Posted 6 Nov 2013 , 12:59am
post #8 of 24

AI do agree with having a consistent branding message. I will be focusing on home style and fun cakes. I eventually would like to excel at wedding cakes and cookies. I like the name "the cake house" but I don't want people to think I only bake cakes. Would you order a wedding cake from a business with a name like " Iced Life Bakery" or "Special Ocakesions"? Thank you for your input, I appreciate it!

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 6 Nov 2013 , 1:51am
post #9 of 24

AIced Life sounds like some kind of a church. Otherwise, without the word bakery, I would have no idea what kind of a business it is.

Special Ocakesions is difficult to say. Also, with the capital O in front of the c, my mind keeps thinking 'Coke' and it's making me thirsty.

The Ice is Right sounds like a game show, or a place that sells ice or dry ice. Or reminds me of Vanilla Ice, and now I have the song stuck in my head!

Bake Me a Cake is nice. I voted for The Cake House, but I like both.

PumpkinTart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PumpkinTart Posted 6 Nov 2013 , 2:04am
post #10 of 24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyssa24 

I do agree with having a consistent branding message. I will be focusing on home style and fun cakes. I eventually would like to excel at wedding cakes and cookies. I like the name "the cake house" but I don't want people to think I only bake cakes.
Would you order a wedding cake from a business with a name like " Iced Life Bakery" or "Special Ocakesions"? Thank you for your input, I appreciate it!

You could always use your name and then a tagline to communicate a wider array of offerings (i.e. The Cake House - Custom cakes, cookies & pastries for your occasion).  

johnbailey64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnbailey64 Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 3:39am
post #11 of 24

I voted for the 3rd to last, but would like it better just as Sweet occasions or sweetie cakes.

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 3:57am
post #12 of 24

I think I like johnbailey64's "Sweet Occasions".  It's simple, lends itself to all pastry and it sounds appropriate for weddings as well as regular celebrations.

kiwimiriam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiwimiriam Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 4:44am
post #13 of 24

The first five look a bit gimmicky, and out of the bottom two I went for The Cake House.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 5:39am
post #14 of 24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godot 

No.

Exactly.

Maybe there would be more votes if you had added:

None of the above.

Tails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tails Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 9:11am
post #15 of 24

I voted Iced Life Bakery (needs to have the bakery part!)

Alyssa24 Posted 11 Nov 2013 , 2:46am
post #16 of 24

ASo what name would ypu suggest then?

Jenny BakesAlot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenny BakesAlot Posted 11 Nov 2013 , 3:20am
post #17 of 24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastrybaglady 

I think I like johnbailey64's "Sweet Occasions".  It's simple, lends itself to all pastry and it sounds appropriate for weddings as well as regular celebrations.

I like that too.  Just "Sweet Occasions".  

Krypto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krypto Posted 11 Nov 2013 , 3:49am
post #18 of 24

I agree with "Sweet Occaasions".

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 11 Nov 2013 , 4:30am
post #19 of 24

ASugar Crush!

Or maybe I've been playing too many Facebook games. :-D

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 11 Nov 2013 , 10:46pm
post #20 of 24

I know I'm in the minority, but I like the gimmicky ones - I voted for Tokens of my Confections

johnbailey64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnbailey64 Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 8:46pm
post #21 of 24

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandisBaked 

Sugar Crush!

Or maybe I've been playing too many Facebook games. icon_biggrin.gif

Sugar crush! I like that.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 13 Nov 2013 , 3:28am
post #22 of 24

I think Sugar Crush is CUTE!

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 13 Nov 2013 , 4:41am
post #23 of 24

The Cake House..easy to spell, easy to remember and everyone will know what it's about.  However, it is a tad on the boring side.  You don't want a boring name because I am sure your cakes are not boring.

The perfect name will come to you…it may take some time but I think everyone goes through a long thought process before they figure out a good business name.

Are you Irish?  You could call it the O'Cake house…LOL  :-D  just kidding.

Maybe you can incorporate your name or if you have children, their names/initials somehow?  

ShandiKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShandiKakes Posted 13 Nov 2013 , 10:45am
post #24 of 24

Out of the options given, I'd say The Cake House.  My name has an intentional misspelling, ShandiKakes, but it was a nick name a former coworker used to call me so I decided to spell it in a way that combines my first and middle names (Shandi Kaye).  It normally bothers me too, but in this case I liked it. :)  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%