How Much Do I Charge For A Sculpted Cake With 130 Servings?

Decorating By cserr4 Updated 5 Nov 2013 , 5:56am by jason_kraft

cserr4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cserr4 Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 2:41am
post #1 of 4

So I was asked to make a firetruck grooms cake for 130 servings! First of all I've never done a sculpted cake this big before so I wouldn't even know where to start and second of all how much cake would I need to make a cake this large?? And lastly... how much do I charge for something like this?? Thanks in advance for your advice

3 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 3:17am
post #2 of 4

So wow, what a big cake. Should be lots of fun even if you haven't done this before. I hope you post pictures and charge what you're worth - at least a few hundred bucks, Maybe even more. (Are you making the wedding cake, too?)

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 5:10am
post #3 of 4

You start by figuring out how much cake needed to *start* your carving and charge for every serving in that much cake.  As an example say you use  two 12x16 sheets and a 9x12.  That about 135 servings.  Yes, you will cut away some of that but you still charge for that much.

Make sure you have a *very* solid base board.  That much cake is going to be very heary.

You may want to make a store front w/firetruck in fromt of it instead of all in the firetruck.  Don't know if customer will go for that idea but you can ask.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 5:56am
post #4 of 4

AWhat is the customer's budget? Depending on the complexity you are probably looking at something in the $600-1000 range.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%