Sticking Fondant On Cake Board?

Decorating By kirstys Updated 3 Nov 2013 , 4:50pm by cakelandgb

kirstys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kirstys Posted 3 Nov 2013 , 6:26am
post #1 of 6

I am new to cake decorating, I was just wondering if you can use sugar glue to glue fondant to a cake board? What are the best things to use?

5 replies
810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 3 Nov 2013 , 7:02am
post #2 of 6

I just use water, brush a little over your cake board with a pastry brush making sure to cover every part.  The fondant won't stick where there is no water.  You want the board to be damp not wet.  Roll your fondant out, place on the board. Smooth with a smoother so it attaches and trim the edge with a sharp knife or marzipan knife and allow to dry overnight.

LUC Bakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LUC Bakery Posted 3 Nov 2013 , 7:30am
post #3 of 6

The most common thing I have seen is brushing a thin layer of piping gel onto the board to adhere the fondant.

cupcakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemaker Posted 3 Nov 2013 , 7:41am
post #4 of 6

AI just use water too.

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 3 Nov 2013 , 8:26am
post #5 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by 810whitechoc 

I just use water, brush a little over your cake board with a pastry brush making sure to cover every part.  The fondant won't stick where there is no water.  You want the board to be damp not wet.  Roll your fondant out, place on the board. Smooth with a smoother so it attaches and trim the edge with a sharp knife or marzipan knife and allow to dry overnight.

Exactly how I do it!!

cakelandgb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelandgb Posted 3 Nov 2013 , 4:50pm
post #6 of 6

AI just brush water on the board, not too much, roll the sugar paste out to roughly tge same size. then throw it on and roll over to neaten.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%