ADoes anyonw know how to make clotted cream...pretty pretty plz Thanks
ANobody knows?! :(
i do not know--i'm sure manddi has the right idea for you--but an aside here---as an american there's a difference in wording across the countries for me--i actually like clotted cream--i've had it once or twice--but as an american anything with the word 'clot' or 'clotted' is not appealing to my appetite
Clotted cream is very popular in the Middle East. It is usually made by simmering a large batch of unpasturized milk and skimming off the clots from the top. This is very time consuming and costly. Below are four popular simpler methods.
1. Simmer three cups whole milk and add 5 tbsp corn starch. Add whatever flavouring you like (orange blossom and rose water are popular in the ME) and remove from heat once thickened.
2. Simmer two cups whole milk and once cup heavy or whipping cream. Add 4-5 tbsp corn starch. Remove from heat once thickened.
3. Simmer two cups whole milk and one can condensed cream. Add 4-5 tbsp cornstarch.
4. (My fave) Roughly shred three slices white sliced bread (edges removed) and place in a sauce pan.
- Soak bread in two cups whole milk and one cup cream for 20 minutes (no heat).
- Add cornstarch and 1/4 cup sugar and simmer until thick, whisking most of the time to break up the large bread pieces.
- remove from heat once thickened.
* the bread pieces resemble clots.
Hope this helps!
AOoh ill have a nosey...thank you!!