mypinkbakery Posted 31 Oct 2013 , 11:14am
post #1 of

AHi there!!..i need to bake some cupcakes..200...don't ve loads of time..i have some recipes that call for sour cream..don't ve that now..can I replace with yogurt?..thanks in advance! :)

6 replies
MimiFix Posted 31 Oct 2013 , 11:50am
post #2 of

Works in some recipes, not in others. Take the time to do a small test batch or take the time to buy sour cream.

mypinkbakery Posted 31 Oct 2013 , 12:21pm
post #3 of

AOk..mimi..thanks!

rjcakes Posted 31 Oct 2013 , 5:21pm
post #4 of

I might be late in answering but - fyi - I made a batch of Cook's Illustrated chocolate cupcakes for a halloween party last weekend and I subbed half plain yogurt and half vanilla yogurt for the sour cream and they came out great - very moist! So it worked in that recipe but as MimiFix stated it may not work in all recipes... Good luck!

RJ

mypinkbakery Posted 31 Oct 2013 , 6:59pm
post #5 of

AOk rjcakes...I think am gonna try it just to see if it works..buh will try to get my sour cream since I really ve to get the cupcakes ready tomorrow....thanks!..

PreparedPantry Posted 31 Oct 2013 , 7:21pm
post #6 of

It depends on the recipe, but most of the time it works fine. Just be careful that you're not using Low-fat or fat-free yogurts because they don't have enough fat content to act as a good replacement. 

Sweet Blessing Posted 31 Oct 2013 , 7:30pm
post #7 of

AI've replaced with yogurt as well worked out pretty good just depends on what ingredients, I am new 2 this just joined today I need 2 ask a question how do I post? Sorry :-)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%