Do You Ganache Between Layers As Well??

Decorating By Slukie Updated 2 Nov 2013 , 4:22am by morganchampagne

Slukie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Slukie Posted 31 Oct 2013 , 3:06am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone,

I'm in urgent need of a response please...when making a wedding cake, would you ganache just the outer layer of the cake, or do you ganache between the tiers as well??  I have one to make for Saturday and am just trying to figure out for sure which way I should be going (my first wedding cake ah!!).  So, ganache all the way through, or ganache with buttercream between the layers?  It will be a red velvet cake.

Thanks so much!

5 replies
mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 31 Oct 2013 , 6:01am
post #2 of 6

I use ganache between the layers as well.

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 31 Oct 2013 , 6:01am
post #3 of 6

AThere's no right or wrong answer...but I have to say the fillings should have been nailed down by now. Ganache between the layers makes s really rich cake. So just keep that in mind

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 31 Oct 2013 , 8:40am
post #4 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by morganchampagne 

There's no right or wrong answer...but I have to say the fillings should have been nailed down by now. Ganache between the layers makes s really rich cake. So just keep that in mind

I agree, Maybe offset the richness with a mild vanilla bc or something, not everyone loves that amount of chocolate.

Slukie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Slukie Posted 2 Nov 2013 , 3:03am
post #5 of 6

Thank you everyone.  I had thought it would be a little too much for some people as it is a white chocolate ganache.  There were some last minute changes to the cake due to previously unknown allergies, but we're all figured out now. :)

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 2 Nov 2013 , 4:22am
post #6 of 6

AWoohoo!! Glad you got it all straight :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%