Ideas For Something To Ship Overseas

Decorating By cakes414 Updated 28 Oct 2013 , 12:33pm by cakes414

cakes414 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes414 Posted 28 Oct 2013 , 4:03am
post #1 of 5

I have a friend who wants to send a cake or something baked to her husband for his birthday who is deployed overseas. She said it takes 10 days for it to arrive. I'm at a loss ...what could possibly stay fresh and edible by the time it arrives. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :-D

4 replies
kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 28 Oct 2013 , 4:26am
post #2 of 5

Decorated cookies will stay fresh if they are individually wrapped, and they'll be easy to share.

docofthedead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
docofthedead Posted 28 Oct 2013 , 8:50am
post #3 of 5

AIndividual cakes baked in mason jars. Put the lids on while they are hot so it seals well. I suggest a can of store bought frosting so he can frost them as he eats them. Perfect for sharing too! Homemade cookies and RKT ship well too. If she doesnt have a vacuum sealer I ssuggest putting them n a ziplock freezer bag with a slice of bread or two. Insert a drinking straw and zip the bag closed and use the straw to suck the rest of the air out. Works like a charm, but i would not suggest brownies. Once the air is sucked out it looks very unappetizing..lol

:USA:

docofthedead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
docofthedead Posted 28 Oct 2013 , 8:57am
post #4 of 5

ASomething else to consider is a site called Bake Me a wish. Thos will stay fresh and they have a good selection. There is also a particular cake that for every one purchased they will match it and send one to a deployed servicemember

:USA:

cakes414 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes414 Posted 28 Oct 2013 , 12:33pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks! those are great suggestions. I will pass these ideas along to her. She will be excited to be able to him something special for his birthday!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%