How To Ship These?

Decorating By TamathaG Updated 28 Oct 2013 , 1:23pm by mfeagan

TamathaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamathaG Posted 27 Oct 2013 , 11:30pm
post #1 of 4

This is a question for people who make and ship their fondant topers. my cousin lives in England and I am in California so I wanted to send her some snow white decorations and all the dry ingredients for her to make cupcakes for her birthday. I was going to make them out of white fondant and paint them what is the best way to package them so they do not get damaged on the trip thanks for the info. here is a picture of the cutter.

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.M2a

3 replies
mfeagan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfeagan Posted 28 Oct 2013 , 12:29am
post #2 of 4

First, I would let them dry for a few days before wrapping them to ship. After that, you will probably want to put them in some kind of container and layer with waxed paper or something. Not sure how it will affect them if they are painted. I would make sure they are completely dry! 

Wrap your container in some bubble wrap, put it in a box and put packing peanuts or newspaper around the entire thing...every side. It will protect your toppers from being moved around too much inside your box. 

I'm not too concerned about the toppers breaking. I'm just not sure about the food color paint on them. I'm sure there are other ideas that are better than mine! It's just what I could think of! 

TamathaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamathaG Posted 28 Oct 2013 , 3:29am
post #3 of 4

thanks. never shipped anything before!

mfeagan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfeagan Posted 28 Oct 2013 , 1:23pm
post #4 of 4

sure! I watched a Youtube tutorial on how this lady ships cake toppers. And they are really detailed. She wraps and wraps and wraps then wraps some more. Might seem excessive, but it's not if you want your things to arrive unharmed! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%