mypinkbakery Posted 27 Oct 2013 , 3:22pm
post #1 of

AHi!..i understand Ganache works with weather...I live in a tropical area..its basically hot year round..can I use the Ganache for my fondant cakes?

8 replies
Claire138 Posted 27 Oct 2013 , 3:59pm
post #2 of

I don't live in a hot climate but I do know that in the summer air conditioning is a must. Ganache is chocolate and cream so will not harden properly if the weather is too hot/ humid. You can use it if you have air conditioning otherwise I don't think it'll stiffen enough to cover with fondant.

mypinkbakery Posted 27 Oct 2013 , 5:39pm
post #3 of

A@ Claire...thanks so much!..i can certainly work with my ac on while I decorate...I just wonder if it would keep afterwards...

mfeagan Posted 27 Oct 2013 , 7:31pm
post #4 of

Most bakers in Australia use ganache because the climate is too hot for buttercream, so you can use it. 

 

Here is part 1 of a 3 part tutorial on using ganache for cakes. She gives her recipe as well. Watch the 3 part tutorial. I have done my fondant cakes with the ganache and they look so nice when covered!

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFtm8q4m4Bk

mfeagan Posted 27 Oct 2013 , 7:32pm
post #5 of

But Claire138 is right...it will definitely have to be in a/c. Really anywhere it gets really hot, cakes shouldn't be in the heat. Any buttercream or ganache will melt. :)

MBalaska Posted 27 Oct 2013 , 8:00pm
post #6 of

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfeagan 
 

Most bakers in Australia use ganache because the climate is too hot for buttercream, so you can use it.

 

Here is part 1 of a 3 part tutorial on using ganache for cakes. She gives her recipe as well. Watch the 3 part tutorial. I have done my fondant cakes with the ganache and they look so nice when covered!

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFtm8q4m4Bk

mfeagan:  this is a good video set.  I've watched it before.  She uses her chocolate ganache like I use buttercream. Her cakes must be yummy.

mfeagan Posted 28 Oct 2013 , 12:21am
post #7 of

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBalaska 
 

mfeagan:  this is a good video set.  I've watched it before.  She uses her chocolate ganache like I use buttercream. Her cakes must be yummy.

I know! It looks amazing! I have wanted to try it. I think I may for my next family gathering. They are where I try out new techniques just in case they fail! :)

mypinkbakery Posted 28 Oct 2013 , 10:13am
post #8 of

A@Mfeagan..oh thank u so much!..I really appreciate!..will watch it right away!

mfeagan Posted 28 Oct 2013 , 1:26pm
post #9 of

Quote:

Originally Posted by mypinkbakery 

@Mfeagan..oh thank u so much!..I really appreciate!..will watch it right away!

:-D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%